Please - somebody, anybody......... (1 Viewer)

Clark W.

Nitro Member
Could somebody different please win an event. We desperately need new winners and faces in the Pro ranks. Congrats to the teams that dominate and I am thankful for their support of the NHRA, but it needs to change. Heck, its usually the same cars from the semi's on! Getting old very quickly.

I'm ready to win, just hook me up with a car :D

Trust me I'll be different and exciting

Winners this year:

TF - Massey, Brown, Lucas, Grubnic, Torrence, Schumacher
FC - JForce, Hight, Neff, Beckman, Gray, Capps, Arend
PS - Anderson, Line, Edwards, AJohnson, Nobile, Enders

14 events, 3 classes, 19 different winners from 10 different teams.

Yeah, I see what you mean. :rolleyes:

Winners this year:

That's pretty funny Chris.

I can remember names like Prudhomme, Glidden, Shepherd, WJ, Bernstien, Beadle, Alan Johnson, and even recently Mike Edwards going on a dominating streak. Eventually they all loose it and some one else steps up and begins to dominate. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Allen Johnson become that new dominating force in Pro Stock.

Winners this year:

Thanks for that Chris. Additionally good luck predicting the winner of any given race. The racing this year has been as close/tight as I can ever remember and that makes it very exciting no matter who earns the Wally.

Dont know what you want Randy. As others above have said we have had lots of different winners this yr. with more like bernstien kallitta millican vandegrif getting very close. In my opinion this has been the best racing season in a very very long time. And im looking forward to the late summer and fall ( even with the countdown)

Could somebody different please win an event. We desperately need new winners and faces in the Pro ranks. Congrats to the teams that dominate and I am thankful for their support of the NHRA, but it needs to change. Heck, its usually the same cars from the semi's on! Getting old very quickly.

How about if the NHRA just assigns different winners to each race before the season starts? Just think of all the money the teams will save by not having to travel to the races. Wouldn't even need a crew!

Winners this year:

TF - Take away DSR (Massey, Brown, Shumacher) - 3 different ownership winners. Thank goodness for Steve T.
FC - Take away DSR (Beckman, Gray, Capps), JFR (JForce, Hight, Neff) - 1 different ownership winner.
PS - Take away KB we have 4 different ownership winners (which is pretty good for PS.
PSB - Take away VH - 0 different ownership winner
I guess when you have mega teams controlling 8 of the 16 spots it breeds this kind of situation. I have no problem with DSR and JFR, we need them, I just wish we could have more guys get in the mix more often. People like Vandergriff, Grubnic, Zizzo, Millican, Diehl, Densham, TP, Bode, Morgan, V, KJ, Krisher, Stoffer, Smith, Ray etc would be great for the sport. You guys bring up good points, but to me it seems so repetitive this season. Maybe I'm just getting old..................

Looked another way:

TF has had 6 different winners from 4 different teams.
FC has had 7 different winners from 3 different teams.
PS has had 6 different winners from 5 different teams.

You make it sound like these big teams are interchangeable. Like a win by Beckman is the same as a win by Capps or by Gray. If that was the case, why did DSR swap Beckman and Capps earlier this year? Can you really consider a win by Schumacher a win for the DSR FCs?

I'm not sure I understand your passion against "mega teams". DSR and JFR are the "mega teams", right? Hard to call AJRacing, Kalitta, or Lucas a "mega team" when they have a couple of cars. Maybe you could complain about KB and their 2.5 cars, but that seems a stretch.

I understand you'd like to see the "little guy" get their props, but haven't Torrence, Arend, Enders, Grubnic and others won this year? Vandergriff and DeJoria are going rounds.

Remember the beginning of the year when it was Hight winning four in a row and we were talking about domination? What about the fact that John Force is in serious risk of not making the playoffs? John Force!

This has been one of the best years in recent memory for competitiveness. I find the timing of your comment strange. Maybe in years past, but this year seems one of the best in recent years.

I don't mind if the Wally's are going to the same team as long as the vehicles are sponsored differently. I'd rather see a red black and white car or a white and blue car win than a green and white car win each event because there were 4 green and white cars with the same sponsor (this isn't the case but just as an example). DSR and the Peds share info but they each have their own main sponsors. I personally like the old days of single car owners with no knowledge sharing. Just 32 cars battling it out.

14 races so far this year
15 rounds per event
3 DSR TF'rs have won something like 78 rounds
3 of a 16 car field = 19% of the field winning roughly 37% of the time.
impressive

Last edited:
Some must be remembering when 100 cars would show up for racing nitro in the 60's, or when 60 cars would show up for racing in the 70's, or when 40 cars would show up for racing nitro in the 80's.... ;)

Too expensive for everyone to be able to go race. Even harder for everybody to afford to win on Sunday. Sad, but truth. We still have a sport now thanks to Schumacher, Kalitta, Force, Black and VH.

No doubt about it. The HUGE cost involved with running a TF, FC or PS car is the main factor why we don't see the large car fields like in the 60's and 70's.

So how about starting new, cheaper classes? Econo TF, Econo FC and Econo PS. Come up with rules that limit the big costs that are the problems now.

This won't happen but it's a thought.

I liked the numerous local large field races of the 60's and 70's much more than the national races they have now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back