Pisano's car (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
The guys that maintain the Pisano (replica?) car for the 1980s/1990s fired it up on methanol yesterday as people were exiting the event after the final yesterday. An NHRA official cut them off after 1 minute of running it, which was a bummer. I was hoping they'd cut over to nitro, but I think their plans was alcohol only. I also heard the JP-1 might be coming back. Then again the guys might have been pulling my chain. Pisano's brother now runs Venolia, and I was told a lot of teams run Venolia pistons. I know that JE is still used, too, as the piston I got from Bernstein's was made by JE.

I always liked the looks of Joe Pisano's cars... especially the ones with the black with the yellow stripe down the side

i agree paul.....the best looking lettering IMO was i think around 88 or 89....the dot on the 'i' was a red triangle
and the bottom of body was silver/grey color.....possibly the best looking FC ever.

The silver/grey color was on the 89 car. The top was purple. The last year Mike drove for Joe P. It was a beautiful car. I liked all of Joe's cars but the 76 Monza is still my favorite. I've still got the model.

My first race was 1991 at the Winternatl's, Glen Mikres was driving for Pisano, he ran 8 MPH than any TF Dragster that weekend at 284 MPH! Prudhomme ran just 276, I had never seen that before!

The actual body is wrong as it relates to Mike Dunn's name being on the car. The body is the narrow Olds Cutlass, which didn't even exist until 1991, about two years after Mike last drove for Joe P. In '91 Mike was driving the Snickers Dodge with Big Jim tuning and E.B. Abel as the owner. The body and chassis are probably authentic to the last time it was owned by Frank Pisano. The chassis could be Dunn's Indy winner, I'm not sure how anyone other than Mike could ID that. But several drivers had filled the seat by that time, Glenn Mikres, Dale Pulde, I think Freddie Neely, and others I just can't remember right now. The last time I remember seeing the Pisano car race it was Candy Red.

......same here, couldn't tell you what year or driver....have a pic of it somewhere.
Tom, the car is all original from the 80's and yes JP-1, 2 and 3 are available...
The car is definately Pisanos now owned by Frank Colonari He was a very good friend of Joes this car burned to the ground at columbus during qualifing Mikres was driving at the time. Frank owns the Jp1-2-3 block program I am almost definate Frank would not change anything from original. Frank bought everthing after Joes passing. He had the trailer and kept the colors on it I believe he sold the trailer to Pulde

The guys that maintain the Pisano (replica?) car for the 1980s/1990s fired it up on methanol yesterday as people were exiting the event after the final yesterday. An NHRA official cut them off after 1 minute of running it, which was a bummer. I was hoping they'd cut over to nitro, but I think their plans was alcohol only. I also heard the JP-1 might be coming back. Then again the guys might have been pulling my chain. Pisano's brother now runs Venolia, and I was told a lot of teams run Venolia pistons. I know that JE is still used, too, as the piston I got from Bernstein's was made by JE.
This car is not a replica, it's the real deal. I know one of the owners. It has been authenticated by Mike Dunn.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back