Pick the Winners shut down at 2:00 a.m.? (1 Viewer)

Bob

Nitro Member
Given Indy has Pro qualifying on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when I saw the deadline date to make picks as Saturday, it made sense.

But, 2:00 a.m. Saturday was not made known ahead of time and was not shown as being the cutoff time yesterday.

If it is possible, please add my picks:

TF Leah Pritchett
FC Matt Hagan
FC Robert Hight
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Ed Krawiec

Thanks,
Bob

I missed a race early in the season when I tried to put them in on a Friday night after midnight. It usually shows a 4 am Saturday cut off in my area. I figured it was my fault since I waited until the last minute. I try to put my picks in on Wednesday or Thursday then adjust if I have time Friday night. Just curious did you put Traxxis picks in early because I see them or did they have a different cut off time?

I made the Traxxas picks early because I knew Top Fuel eliminations were today. I figured the deadline day would change or there would be a hidden time for at least one of those. I didn't suspect there would be a hidden time for everything!

Got nervous when I didn't see a cutoff time, so I entered picks. It's your call PJ, but I don't want a competitor eliminated this way.

I had them (US Nats) in right after picking Brainerd, but then remembered the extra races 2 days ago:eek:.
I adjust up until cutoff also....my changes usually bite me in the as.....tuhcus

Given Indy has Pro qualifying on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when I saw the deadline date to make picks as Saturday, it made sense.

But, 2:00 a.m. Saturday was not made known ahead of time and was not shown as being the cutoff time yesterday.

If it is possible, please add my picks:

TF Leah Pritchett
FC Matt Hagan
FC Robert Hight
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Ed Krawiec

Thanks,
Bob

oh but you wait till 3:14 pm to bring this up? after Saturday qualifying has started? I say you are DQ'D!

I get messages after many races about people missing an event. Hell I'm sitting here at Indy next to 2 good friends who missed the deadline earlier this year. The races are open from the start of the season and through the years I've warned about cutting it close. In an effort to be consistent with rulings throughout the season this is a DNQ. I've always done the deadline as Friday just to keep it the same, even at Indy. If I allow this late one in then I feel I would have to go through the entire season and add people who were late.

I completely forgot a race = DNQ it can happen to anyone.
I learned my lesson such is life.

While this is PJ's call. The rules clearly state

'Deadlines are set for 11:59 PM (Your Time Zone) after the first day of qualifying.'

Friday the 1st was the first day of qualifying. Its been this way since the game started.

All the expiration dates are set for Saturday. There is an 1 hour grace period built into the game for people that like to push the deadline.

Last year I got tied up working a divisional event into the wee hours of Saturday morning before I realized that I forgot to make my picks. The deadline date was correct on the manage selections page. My fault. This year I forgot to make a pick for the Pro Bike Bash. The deadline date was correct on the manage selections page. My fault.

This event, I DID NOT forget to make my picks. I relied on the published deadline date being Saturday the 2nd, and the Saturday cutoff time was hidden from view on the manage selections page on Friday. It showing as a 2:00 a.m. cutoff time conflicts with both of the above quotes, which also conflict with each other.

The only reason I thought the actual date deadline could be Saturday (as was shown) is because every other NHRA National event has 4 rounds of Pro class qualifying (barring weather problems) with 2 of them completed on the first day of qualifying. I thought maybe the biggest race of the year would have at least as much info available to picks participants as other events before the picks windows closed.

If a misleading deadline date and an unavailable cutoff time are reasons enough to not just knock me out of first place, but also pretty much put me out of contention for winning the contest with only 6 races left after Indy, well, it is indeed your call.

@Bob Orme
I am only trying to explain how the server see the game.

Server time is PST. So if the server time is 12:00am you will see theses times as cutoffs:
PST will be a 1am cutoff display time
MT will be 2am cutoff display time
Central will be 3am cutoff display time
EST will be 4am cutoff display time

It's not my decision to make if PJ allows Your picks or not. I am only trying to explain how the game see's the cutoffs.

Shannon

Sorry Bob. The dates are posted, picks are open all season. If you chose to wait then you risk not getting them in for whatever reason. Think of it as getting rained out of the final session when you were sitting in 17th. I checked and the dates posted are good. If I allowed yours then I would have to go back and add others from throughout the year. Some chasing you have missed races, if I went back they would likely be ahead now. I know it sucks but in the interest of fairness and consistency I can't change the deadline. We've had people miss a race and win it all before, perhaps you can too. Good luck.

@Bob Orme
I am only trying to explain how the server see the game.

Server time is PST. So if the server time is 12:00am you will see theses times as cutoffs:
PST will be a 1am cutoff display time
MT will be 2am cutoff display time
Central will be 3am cutoff display time
EST will be 4am cutoff display time

It's not my decision to make if PJ allows your picks or not. I am only trying to explain how the game see's the cutoffs.

Shannon
Shannon,

That explanation says the server thinks Mountain Time and Central Time are the same time zone. They are an hour apart. There are 4 stateside time zones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Bob. The dates are posted, picks are open all season. If you chose to wait then you risk not getting them in for whatever reason. Think of it as getting rained out of the final session when you were sitting in 17th. I checked and the dates posted are good. If I allowed yours then I would have to go back and add others from throughout the year. Some chasing you have missed races, if I went back they would likely be ahead now. I know it sucks but in the interest of fairness and consistency I can't change the deadline. We've had people miss a race and win it all before, perhaps you can too. Good luck.
PJ, the deadline date posted as of Friday was Saturday. The "picks are open for all season" is a CYA excuse for when there are abnormalities in the manage selections page. If I remember right, Bob Reese's cutoff was around 8 hours before it should have been earlier this year. In mid June, the manage selections showed the PTW time cutoff as 11:00 p.m. in my time zone when I went to make my Bristol picks that night. You can't change the deadlines, but apparently they can change on their own!

I've been playing by the rules. Like anyone else who wants to be competitive, I want as much information as I can get before making my picks. That's a large part of the reason I've been in first place since the season opening race Pomona. Show me any contestant the won the contest after getting a zero at or after Indy!

I'm done. The system is not consistent for every event.

I missed the Pro Bike challenge and
NH race that took me out of the running today I'm at 13 overall add my average points and I'd be around 4th or 5th.

I'm NOT crying about missing as well as some others that have missed the picks.

PJ, the deadline date posted as of Friday was Saturday. The "picks are open for all season" is a CYA excuse for when there are abnormalities in the manage selections page. If I remember right, Bob Reese's cutoff was around 8 hours before it should have been earlier this year. In mid June, the manage selections showed the PTW time cutoff as 11:00 p.m. in my time zone when I went to make my Bristol picks that night. You can't change the deadlines, but apparently they can change on their own!

I've been playing by the rules. Like anyone else who wants to be competitive, I want as much information as I can get before making my picks. That's a large part of the reason I've been in first place since the season opening race Pomona. Show me any contestant the won the contest after getting a zero at or after Indy!

I'm done. The system is not consistent for every event.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Bob!
How to spell cry baby=Bob Orme
Thanks for doing this PJ, sorry some think its the end of the world if THEY make a mistake and want everyone to cater to them, sounds like some idiot libtards I know!

Shannon,

That explanation says the server thinks Mountain Time and Central Time are the same time zone. They are an hour apart. There are 4 stateside time zones.
I posted using my phone and it looks like it combined mt and central. I have fixed my post.

Thanks

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back