"Once Upon a Wheel" (1 Viewer)

joey

Nitro Member
RELIVE DRAG RACING’S PREMIER RIVALRY AS
“ONCE UPON A WHEEL” DVD IS NOW AVAILABLE

DON “THE SNAKE” PRUDHOMME & TOM “THE MONGOOSE” McEWEN,
RARE HISTORICAL FOOTAGE, GUEST INTERVIEWS & MORE FEATURED

VISTA, CA (April 10, 2007) -- Don “The Snake” Prudhomme, Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen and Wildlife Racing, Inc., offer a unique and rare look back at the sport of drag racing with the DVD release of “Once Upon A Wheel” – featuring short films, guest interviews, historical footage and classic TV commercials from the glory days of the widely popular “Mongoose vs. Snake” match race era.

Before reality shows became the norm and Corporate America realized the value in motorsports sponsorship, Prudhomme and McEwen granted all-access to camera crews as they barnstormed the country in search of trophies, prize money and bragging rights on the match race circuit. The short film “Match Race” features unscripted, behind-the-scenes footage from the early 1970s of both legendary drivers as they travel from Indiana to Michigan, tune their cars in the pits and compete on the drag strip.

“It was a time when the sport was at its most pure,” said Prudhomme. “It was normal for Tom and I to race against each other two or three times at various tracks in different states all within one week’s time,” recalled Prudhomme. “Of course, I usually was the one who left with the trophy.”

Also included on “Once Upon a Wheel” is a vintage photograph slide show as well as candid interviews with Hot Wheels’ Chief Designer Larry Wood, and Funny Car champion John Force, among others.

“Once Upon a Wheel” retails for $29.95 and is available for purchase from Don Prudhomme Racing by calling 1-800-TO-SNAKE or via the internet at Don Prudhomme Racing - Official Website. The 67-minute DVD is also available from the Snake Racing merchandise trailer found at each of the 23 national events on the NHRA POWERade Series.

- 30 -

This is a GREAT Video, It gets better every time I watch it.

We did a show with McEwen about 2 weeks ago and I must have seen it 50 times and it just gets beter everytime!

Have Fun,
Fred
Vintage Drag Club

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back