OK- So he got our dream.... (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Bill Griffiths

Bill Griffiths of San Antonio won $4.1 million on June 13, 1998, a third of the total Lotto jackpot. He was 27 at the time.

"After I double-checked my numbers on Sunday," he said at the time, "I walked into my shop on Monday at Zephyrhills Bottled Water Co. and told my boss I quit."

With $208,666 coming his way in annual installments over 20 years, he made his hobby his full time labor of love: drag racing. Griffiths planned to pursue the sport full time and not have to worry about expenses.

The 1989 Pasco High School graduate who at the time was single and lived with his parents, vowed to put some of his winnings into a home of his own. He could not be reached for comment.

Winning Lotto numbers not always the ticket to dreams, success

Man, if I hit it, would I- knowing what I know about it?....

HELL YEAH!!!!! :D

They should make Lotery winnings tax-free.

I'm sure that after taxes, Bill Griffith's after-tax income might allow him to run a Bracket car, or possibly, a Stocker, but that's about all... since he quit his job.

They should make Lotery winnings tax-free.

In Australia the Government charges a commission on every ticket sold, that is how they get their cut, then when you win, the actual prize money is tax free.

However, you are required to pay taxes on any interest that the money makes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back