Ok 'Maters-how many things were "we" wrong on for '09? (1 Viewer)

sdwarf36

Nitro Member
Every year there are predictions-and rumors-and things that we are sure will or won't happen. This year there seemed more wrongs than I remember in years past. So time to 'fess up-guilty or not-what calls did the board miss this year?

The $creaming Eagles sandbagging waiting for the countdown--we're still waiting..:confused:

The short fields-I for one liked seeing the Greek get in a few times--and the Euro invasion- There were more good fields than short ones.

Tony Shoe won't win without Alan--oops.

A shiek owning a car will kill the sport-it just looked like a car in the other lane (one with fewer stickers on it) And the Shiek just looks like a young Frank Zappa to me. ;)

So what else?

I didn't see the Mike Edwards train coming. Hector also surprised me. Both were pleasant surprises.
The GM deal seemed to have had a bigger impact than I thought it would on some teams.
I thought this would be the year for Ron Capps or Wilkerson.
Didn't think Dave, Tommy, Melanie, Angelle, and Hillary would be without rides.

Mike Green's AJ tuning book seemed to have more pages in it than predicted..LOL

Still think the Harleys are baggin it (jmo)

Loved Edwards winning..and Prock/Hight getting it done..although the controversy (bullsh!t) sucks surrounding it. (some people can't grow up)

All in all..being excited in the end helped..although I don't contribute that to the countdown at all. We would have had close races till the end either way. I just hate to see good teams suffer because of it.

I'm semi-happy :cool:

ha ha ha ha.... are ya serious Sherm????

OK, I'll play....

I.... Was wrong about The US Army team.

I... Was wrong about Ron Capps and Ace being able to seal the deal

I... Was wrong about Hector not being able to exercize the Red Tomato demons..

I... Was wrong about the "State of the NHRA" and the sport of Drag Racing as a whole

I... Was wrong about Ashley Force's matriculation as a Funny Car driver.... (She IMPRESSED ME in 2009)

How about things I was right about...

I.... Was right about Mike Edwards winning the championship!!!

...that's about it... ;-)

I was wrong on....

-Schumacher- I didn't think he would fall off the map and I knew they would get a win or two but not until later in the season. But I didn't see them winning as early as they did nor did I see them being near the top from the beginning was a surprise and a testament to their entire operation.

-The Harley's being caught performance wise and not turning up the wick during the countdown. I was expecting them to dial it up and take it all

-my pick the winner guesses

-short fields. Only 9 tf teams actually raced the full season but somehow we only had 1 short field. I believe a few only had 16 but thats full. I fully expected to see at least 5 or 6 races that would be short.

Mike Green's AJ tuning book seemed to have more pages in it than predicted..LOL

Still think the Harleys are baggin it (jmo)

Loved Edwards winning..and Prock/Hight getting it done..although the controversy (bullsh!t) sucks surrounding it. (some people can't grow up)

All in all..being excited in the end helped..although I don't contribute that to the countdown at all. We would have had close races till the end either way. I just hate to see good teams suffer because of it.

I'm semi-happy :cool:
Mike Green has his own tuning book and it is pretty full.

was wrong about schumacher - didn't think he'd fall off map, but
did not think he'd contend for title.

ha ha ha ha.... are ya serious Sherm????

OK, I'll play....

I.... Was wrong about The US Army team.

I... Was wrong about Ron Capps and Ace being able to seal the deal

I... Was wrong about Hector not being able to exercize the Red Tomato demons..

I... Was wrong about the "State of the NHRA" and the sport of Drag Racing as a whole

I... Was wrong about Ashley Force's matriculation as a Funny Car driver.... (She IMPRESSED ME in 2009)

How about things I was right about...

I.... Was right about Mike Edwards winning the championship!!!

...that's about it... ;-)

Hey Dude--One for Six gets you sent back to the minor leagues LOL.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back