Norwalk this weekend (1 Viewer)

But there was an Interview with Steve earlier in the year where I recall he said they decided to try some new things the first part of the season and potentially sacrifice early season results in order to possibly be in better shape for the Countdown. We've seen that Countdown positioning is not that critical to winning the Championship as long the performance is there during the Countdown. These guys are not likely to go anywhere. They haven't forgotten how to win races.

I do wonder what's up with AJ over at the Kalitta camp, though. Maybe he has lost a little of his magic?
If i ever owned a tf team,aj would be my 1st pick for cc. Just him,no husen

I think people read way too much into comments around here. I’ve mentioned the Alan Johnson effect on the Torrence team only to be berated because I didn’t mention the Laganas and Richard Hogan. My point was Johnson seemed to give them consistency. They were making monster runs before but seemingly more consistent after. Just because you are on the “inside” doesn’t mean you have to correct everything in the world you don’t agree with. Good luck getting anything else done!
I have to side with Mike Minick on this one (all in fun BTW) as even though the people here on this forum are diehard and most seem to have been around the sport a long time, there have been an awful lot of posts about AJ and the lack of the Kalitta cars success this year. I remember posts from last year talking about AJ making a move to the Kalitta camp to finally get Doug a championship, as if it was assured. Remember, Doug came within a few points of beating Tony Shoe & AJ for the title, ultimately decided by Tony's record run and event win. As phenomenal a tuner as AJ is, these cars are so friggin' fickle and temperamental that it truly takes all the stars to line up to win, especially a championship. Like they say, that's why we race 'em!

I have to side with Mike Minick on this one (all in fun BTW) as even though the people here on this forum are diehard and most seem to have been around the sport a long time, there have been an awful lot of posts about AJ and the lack of the Kalitta cars success this year. I remember posts from last year talking about AJ making a move to the Kalitta camp to finally get Doug a championship, as if it was assured. Remember, Doug came within a few points of beating Tony Shoe & AJ for the title, ultimately decided by Tony's record run and event win. As phenomenal a tuner as AJ is, these cars are so friggin' fickle and temperamental that it truly takes all the stars to line up to win, especially a championship. Like they say, that's why we race 'em!
My issue is with someone who obviously has a wealth of knowledge to contribute but chooses only to speak up when talking down to others with incorrect or opposing opinions. I would rather that effort be put into explaining why you’re wrong rather than responding in a demeaning way. It accomplishes absolutely nothing.
I’m not trying to single out any one person on here. I’ve seen it time and time again over the 15 or so years I’ve been here. If you are someone in the business, anyone on the outside is a know nothing keyboard crew chief. I want to hear why I’m wrong. Not hear that I’m an idiot, which I may be but I don’t need someone to tell me, lol. I don’t understand the point of only taking the time to post when you’re being negative. This should have been a positive thread considering what a great event was held this year in Norwalk.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back