Northern Nats (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Watched the replay of Sat evening. 4 T/F cars. Dom Lagana, Pat Dakin, Larry Dixon, Clay Millican. Thought OK, we have some players, let's see what they do 1/4 mile. Lagana was the only one who ran the full pull, ran 334 MPH. Everyone else ran to 1000' & shut off. I was disapointed to see them do that. If the show is advertised as 1/4 mile, then at least make an attempt. Announcer gave 1000' times and no one was really running that hard. So that makes me wonder, is that what will happen if NHRA does go to 1/4 mile? Well, just my 2 cents.

Dixon posted he lost the blower belt on both runs. Besides that, they were match racing - hard to expect them to lean on them as hard as they can. Last thing anyone would want to see is the car going up in smoke early. I watched Saturday night and thought it was a fun show. Glad the guys that hit the wall are ok.

Watched the replay of Sat evening. 4 T/F cars. Dom Lagana, Pat Dakin, Larry Dixon, Clay Millican. Thought OK, we have some players, let's see what they do 1/4 mile. Lagana was the only one who ran the full pull, ran 334 MPH. Everyone else ran to 1000' & shut off. I was disapointed to see them do that. If the show is advertised as 1/4 mile, then at least make an attempt. Announcer gave 1000' times and no one was really running that hard. So that makes me wonder, is that what will happen if NHRA does go to 1/4 mile? Well, just my 2 cents.

Out of the 8 TF runs, I think there were 5 broken blower belts and Dakin cracked an oil line fitting on one run. Give these guys a little more credit than saying they are not even making an attempt.

OK Mike. Point taken. All I could see was the video feed & I could tell they shut off early. Couldn't see the rubber band flying off, etc. From my vantage point, it looked like everyone was just running to the 1000' and shutting off. Only saw the one run to the 1/4 by Lagana. He'd run that 338 last year, so I thought the rest of them would try it out also. It was hard to hear the announcer & I couldn't even tell who the cars were a few times. I'm still curious what kind of combination the teams will run if NHRA does go to 1/4 mile.

OK Mike. Point taken. All I could see was the video feed & I could tell they shut off early. Couldn't see the rubber band flying off, etc. From my vantage point, it looked like everyone was just running to the 1000' and shutting off. Only saw the one run to the 1/4 by Lagana. He'd run that 338 last year, so I thought the rest of them would try it out also. It was hard to hear the announcer & I couldn't even tell who the cars were a few times. I'm still curious what kind of combination the teams will run if NHRA does go to 1/4 mile.

A lot of time is won't throw the belt clean off the car, it will just shear the teeth off of it. Dom was the only one that made it to the stripe under power, but everyone else was gunning for it. I think all 4 cars had 1000ft times in the 3.80s on at least one of their runs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back