No injected nitro in TA/FC for 2021 (1 Viewer)

Here's some extra history -

Well it has been deemed legal for 2023.

I ask this out of ignorance, but was the intention of having injected nitro in Alcohol Dragster and Funny Car in order to increase participants? Seems off to refer to this class as "alcohol" when/if a majority of the field at any race might be injected-nitro. Just never made much sense to me.

am i the only one who thinks the alcohol cars (now with nitro in both classes) should hi-lite all the div. events, not just the regionals?
wouldn't tracks draw more fans if 8+ fields were advertised?......i suppose you would need to find prize money to attract, and not just points.
and maybe rename the classes as well ......Lucas Oil Funny Car and Lucas Oil Dragster. i'm sorry, IMO there is just not enough time for all these classes
to compete at nat. events, especially if bad weather, not to mention very small fields at some (as has been discussed on other thread).
if you could get some money thrown at this class, would there be some nostalgia cars that would switch to late model nhra injected nitro trim? similar motor rules?

am i the only one who thinks the alcohol cars (now with nitro in both classes) should hi-lite all the div. events, not just the regionals?
wouldn't tracks draw more fans if 8+ fields were advertised?......i suppose you would need to find prize money to attract, and not just points.
and maybe rename the classes as well ......Lucas Oil Funny Car and Lucas Oil Dragster. i'm sorry, IMO there is just not enough time for all these classes
to compete at nat. events, especially if bad weather, not to mention very small fields at some (as has been discussed on other thread).
if you could get some money thrown at this class, would there be some nostalgia cars that would switch to late model nhra injected nitro trim? similar motor rules?
like back when they were FM/FC & FM/D (Federal Mogul). I think its irrelevant what the descriptor is. PDRA has "Pro Boost"...combo of procharged, supercharged (roots & screw) & turbos.

Nothing against Lucas Oil, I really like their products. But did not like it when it was referred to as Federal Mogul Funny Car and Dragster. To me it lost it's identity. Leave it named as is.

Yeah I was bummed when they dropped the alkyl classes at Sonoma. Memorable; one of the Harker twins blowing over, and that guy named Rick Santos,,,,,???? I swear that screw blower was almost as big as the engine itself. I remember when I heard the A fuelers for the first time. Morgan Lucas was still in the class. I was in my teens so it was like a bonus class of more top fuelers, just a little slower but I thought just about as loud. Then I thought "why not with funny cars?" A fuel funnys always made sense to me.

They used to be at all the divisional events (except for the tracks that couldn't handle them). They went to regionals instead of the normal divisional structure because most divisions weren't getting enough support for a full TA schedule. Also, since the TA cars aren't really a huge crowd draw, I don't think a lot of the tracks that dropped them are really interested in taking on the extra work/costs necessary to get them back.

"The ruleset will also allow teams to purchase bodies, chassis, engine parts and other items from nitro teams, allowing for a significant reduction in costs."

Bull, bodies, chassis, and 94% of the engine parts are not AA/FC hand me downs at all, for any significant reduction in costs whatsoever.

~

"The ruleset will also allow teams to purchase bodies, chassis, engine parts and other items from nitro teams, allowing for a significant reduction in costs."

Bull, bodies, chassis, and 94% of the engine parts are not AA/FC hand me downs at all, for any significant reduction in costs whatsoever.

~
Ignition parts (which the alcohol cars can already use) are about the only hand me downs. Maybe some of the fuel management stuff, but not the engine components.

They used to be at all the divisional events (except for the tracks that couldn't handle them). They went to regionals instead of the normal divisional structure because most divisions weren't getting enough support for a full TA schedule. Also, since the TA cars aren't really a huge crowd draw, I don't think a lot of the tracks that dropped them are really interested in taking on the extra work/costs necessary to get them back.
all i know is that i never missed brainerd's div. back then. pretty much 8+ fields in both classes every year, with even some out of div. cars showing up. this would have been in 90's
just as the nitro combination was a new option. the track drew thousands of spectators, many of whom camped for weekend; almost like a mini-nationals.
the new format was developed with regionals. the two alcohol classes went away from this nat. event track. so did the spectators.......but that was then.
the div. 5 reg. divisional going in topeka rite now has only attracted 5 tafc's and 7 tad's

I like the TAD and TA/FC classes myself and always take the time to watch them at a national event. I've also been around long enough to remember watching A/FC competition. It may take a bit to work out the parity but I'm glad to see it. Those classes need all the help they can get - not as expensive to campaign as a blown fuel car but they're a hell of a long ways from being cheap....and sponsors for them aren't exactly growing on trees.

Seems like quite a few current racers are not happy with the decision. While it may not be the answer, doing nothing certainly isn’t the answer either.

With car counts dwindling the choice may have been to try it or drop the class altogether. Then there would be some unhappy racers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back