NHRA's newest track (1 Viewer)

Norwalk is such a nicer facility than C-bus, so I think this is a Major step forward for NHRA! My only hesitation is the time of year, Middle of summer in Ohio? :confused:

I can't wait. I'm already planning to be at the first nhra national event there.

There is nothing like the Norwalk experince.

Norwalk is such a nicer facility than C-bus, so I think this is a Major step forward for NHRA! My only hesitation is the time of year, Middle of summer in Ohio? :confused:

My good friend and co-worker is from Ohio and says weather at that time of the year is usually mid to upper 80's.

Whew! That's some article. Thanks for posting the long awaited link.

Here's hoping that NHRA doesn't undo the magic that the Bader's seem to have woven into that track. ;)

Thanks for posting the link. I thought that was a good interview.

BTW, given the hot weather we experienced for the Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways this summer, I sure could have went for some of that dollar a pound ice cream they offer at Norwalk.
:D

That may be the case, but the Humidity will kick your ass!

Joe, people in those parts, and down South like here in Florida, are used to HUMIDITY. Westerners like you are not used to 50-100% humidity year round, and believe me, I know what low humidity feels like having lived in Arizona for 25 yrs. Took me 5+ years to adjust to humidity after I moved here, and I'm not sure I have completely, after 15 years in Florida!

Thanks for posting the link. I thought that was a good interview.

BTW, given the hot weather we experienced for the Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways this summer, I sure could have went for some of that dollar a pound ice cream they offer at Norwalk.
:D

Betcha NHRA takes 75 cents! (Or raises the price to $5) :) :p ;)

Joe, people in those parts, and down South like here in Florida, are used to HUMIDITY. Westerners like you are not used to 50-100% humidity year round, and believe me, I know what low humidity feels like having lived in Arizona for 25 yrs. Took me 5+ years to adjust to humidity after I moved here, and I'm not sure I have completely, after 15 years in Florida!

Anyone remember the Summernationals at Englishtown in July in New Joisey?

I’ll always remember the first World Nats at Norwalk 1981 for both the weather and Bader,Sr. It rained and the sportsman pits were a bit muddy, the pro pit had this golf ball size gravel that you could barley walk on. ( Watching Richard Tharp wobble around in his cowboy boots was a memory you just can’t forget)

Bill Bader stood at the head of staging with a hose and personally washed off every sportsman entry to keep the mud out of the lanes. How many track owners would go to that effort themselves? We did the winter press tour with Bill to promote the race (cowboy Tharp was supposed to but he was too important to go to Ohio in the middle of winter) cold, windy, cheap ass Holiday Inn crap with sports reporters who of course knew nothing about racing.

Turned out all right at the race, first 5 second pass for the track in 1st round qualifying, Oswald took out Tharp in the first round, Dickie L. in the second and beat Big Daddy for the win. Nice weekend.

Mark won again in T/F for Candies in ‘82 and three or four straight years in Funny Car after that. Bader used to chase Mark around trying to kiss him for good luck every year:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back