NHRA TV-Friday-Huh? (2 Viewers)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Turned it on at the start of the Pro Stock Bikes, what is the deal?

A. Cannot hear the bikes or the Pro Stock cars.
B. Who are these 2 blabbermouths who talk over the cars during burn outs and runs.
C. The awful overbearing music.
D. Where is Alan?
E. Can the 2 horrible announcers give the E.T's in a timely manner?

First time ever for a Friday night nitro session, I am out and going to a race instead.
Major joke and I am a half full glass guy but this is some bad product. Off to my local drag strip.

TopFuel@Lions

Not sure who this is supposed to appeal to, but I'm guessing it's not long-time fans. I don't like screaming, hyper announcers.

Instances like this is why we’re fortunate to have Alan, Brian and Joe on the mic. NHRA has allowed the Texas Motorplex to do their own thing tonight. Al Tucci is too much for my liking. He is the Harry Carey of drag racing announcers. At least he really seems to enjoy his job. I do like Wes Buck though. He is not a usual track announcer but always does a good job when called upon.

Would have loved to been a fly on the wall where the NHRA brass were at for that interview….

Maybe Tucci isn’t too bad after all 🥴😂

Somebody pass me a drink...🍸🍹🍷🍺🥴🥴🥴
Incoming.
giphy.gif

NHRA can't be a fan of this turning into a political rally. Poltiics are so polarizing these days, this will clearly piss off some people. Not to mention all the oil down delays, this might get done at midnight at this rate. Back to back oil downs now, Joe Morrison just had a huge explosion.

What was the political talk? Not aiming to turn this thread into one. Just want to be informed.

Some guy (I think he is an elected offical in Texas) got on the mic and started ripping the current administration. Before that there was a guy telling jokes who made a few about Biden. I personally don't care, but not everyone is like me, some people get really pissed about this kind of stuff. Anytime you're in the entertainment business, you don't want to do anything that could cause you to lose fan/sponsor support. If Marcus was listening, I bet he wasn't a fan.

Texas Congressman is there and he got on the mic and voiced his displeasure with the hot button topics in today’s society. Started a chant about the President.

Also the clown they had for entertainment had some political comments as well.

I just watched the politician. Holy crap, that was worse than I expected.
I don’t care what side of politics you are on, that was cringe and totally out of place for a major sporting association. A very bad look for everyone involved, and potentially toxic to sponsors.
It’s no secret that our sport leans one way politically, but there is zero to be gained from alienating half the country. What an embarrassment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back