NHRA to Restart in August Now (1 Viewer)

I congratulate NHRA on their approach to attempt to start racing in August. Racing 16 races in 16 weeks is extremely aggressive. It will be interesting to see the schedule and see how many, if any, of the races are only one day of qualifying. If will also be interesting to see how they will handle a qualifying day rainout.
Hope it all works, it will be exciting to have racing 16 weeks in a row.

I usually go to bristol,I wonder if they will still have the thunder valley club? Like a big tent with alot of people lol

10 min from Pacific Raceways [SIR] I'm hoping so. The first race since AZ. I really don't know if it's going to happen?
Like the old saying - wish in one hand and s#%t in the other. This F-IN SUCKS!!!!

I congratulate NHRA on their approach to attempt to start racing in August. Racing 16 races in 16 weeks is extremely aggressive. It will be interesting to see the schedule and see how many, if any, of the races are only one day of qualifying. If will also be interesting to see how they will handle a qualifying day rainout.
If there is a rain day it should go back to points.

They will not be able to do 16 in 16. I don't care what is says, the chances of the having 16 races, with no rain is PROBABLE, but flirts with disaster and then they are F--KED. I say 12/16 and if THEY PUSH IT or if it goes well so far heading into a break, you know every clean race break will be eliminated. That creates another issue to of having to pray that the open weekend locale's weather holds up too.

This also creates a very interesting issue for the LODRS and their points and who wins the title based on this modification. However fair or unfair it may be. Then, you get to add in what engine setup in TAD now swings a hidden gift for some and a new disadvantage for others with the new dates. @Alan Reinhart probably knows a lot more on that.

When looking at the Competition plus article on this,, it sounds like all but the US Nationals will be two day events.

Wow, 16 weekends in a row of racing essentially means if you start the 1st weekend of August, the Finals would be the last weekend of November, or pretty close.

When looking at the Competition plus article on this,, it sounds like all but the US Nationals will be two day events.

NHRA.com still show all events 3 days, even after the updated schedule. I trust every third party site with Comp Plus being the lead. NHRA used to be the first place for news. Now it is either typo ridden or update on the news days later. 2 day events make sense if 1 day is a rain out. That it how they can do 16, or 13 in 16 weeks. Still, the crews will be the story and the heroes of the year for the nhra.

1588627503588.png

Finally, it will be good to see some racing.
The only thing I wonder about is why the schedule goes from Gainesville to St. Louis, back to Bristol and then to Dallas. I wonder why they don't go from Gainesville to Bristol then to St. Louis, and on to Dallas.
I just hope the teams can handle 16 straight weeks. That will be tough even if there is no attrition. It will be interesting to hear how the majority feels about the plan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back