NHRA to Restart in August Now (1 Viewer)

In the Kalitta article on Competition Plus Head said they do not have the parts to finish the season. Granted there are three months to get it together but I think it's going to be real hard to have all the parts they need to go 16 weeks in a row. That schedule is going to be real hard on the teams as you are going to be gone for 4 months, they are going to be worn out half way through. Everything except the US Nationals is a 2 day event, better hope it doesn't rain.

It would be nice if the NHRA actually confirmed anything being 2-day events, and even Sonoma in November.

OK, i will be the one. iam glad that they are getting back to racing,i dont care about points,numbers of days,weather,or any of the other bs,i just glad that they will be racing and i will be at pomona on any day or time that they are there!!

If we have another outbreak in the fall Finals may be Vegas. All this will depend on local conditions. I feel like there will be some dropouts before its over.

I generally am on the positive side on things but no one has talked about the financial end of all of this. Are the sponsors and crews going to hang around. I personally think NHRA is in panic mode. We'll see what they do with Licas Oil Sportsman Racing now the back bone of organization if they shut them down till August NHRA Racing will be done for the year.

They declined.
If the schedule is rite. Bader just lost most of his nitro teams for the Night Under Fire Aug 8th (Read Denver) Ouch!
You all know Force is the reason people go to that race! It will be interesting what Bader has to say what his reasoning is?

Who knows if things will change in June or July. 16 races straight is a crazy schedule even for the bigger teams, what about the teams with volunteers? I wonder how many will not run the entire schedule or just even sit out till next year.

What the hell are the pro teams going to do? Ship all their crap and replenishing supplies as needed each week? Those trucks will be on the road a lot with no breaks. The fly in guys have an advantage. You need more parts and pieces and there’s no downtime at all. Or have roving chase vehicles making strategic runs and drop offs from the home shop at certain points? Set up strategic storage spaces at points around the country? Tip of the hat to the truckers when this is all over. This is like a major rock band going on tour. That’s one hell of a schedule

I've gotten pretty used to the fairly light attendance in Seattle. Sorta nice not to be packed in sardine-style like back in the nineties. I suspect things will be different this year, one way or another.

What about engine suppliers? Some teams lease engines, if you do not have a backup how can you make the next race?

Newsflash.....the decision has been made to add 4 wide tracks to any venue that wants a 2020 race on their schedule....and Las Vegas and Charlotte are looking into turning their tracks into 8 wide.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back