NHRA official airline: Allegiant Air (1 Viewer)

They flew from my hometown to Orlando, Phoenix and Las Vegas for about 10 years. They abandoned my airport early this year. That did not make me happy...

Low fares, no frills. Costs extra to choose a seat, board early, put a carry on bag in the overhead bin. Seats don't recline. Mostly travel from regional airports to vacation spots around the country. Usually have pretty good Vegas packages.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2018/allegiant-named-official-airline-nhra-mello-yello-drag-racing-series
Noticed their presence somewhere at brainerd, but can't remember where. their website advertises they currently maintain a fleet of (48) MD-80's, (17)A-319's, and (16)A-320's.
here's another sponsorship announcement recently made by allegiant. http://ir.allegiantair.com/news-rel...r-league-baseball-announce-multiyear-national

If you know anything about this airline, you would never step foot onto one of their airplanes! This is one NHRA sponsor that I wouldn't dream of supporting :oops:

didn't want to put too much opinion into opening remark. they used to service a regional airport nearby. flew them 2 or 3 times. never again. md80's were damn
near as old as me. flight times sucked. what dan roehr said is exactly rite. there are similar airlines such as spirit and frontier, but lucky allegiant was subject of
recent 60 minutes story. i will not support them either. read their business model on their wiki page. this company does everything possible to fly at the lowest possible cost.
that is not an airline i have any interest in.

Taking a shot at Southwest Airlines. Allegiant was created by a couple of the same Founders/Principles from defunct ValuJet; so they know this business model incredibly well. Since Southwest absorbed AirTran, now I think between Spirit, Frontier and Allegiant - all 3 are wishing/hoping that someday one of them will buy out the other two. They still fill up those "Ultra Low Cost Carriers" though. If you like $39 fares that wind up being $300 and sitting on the equivilent of an ironing board ~ here's to ya LOL

Several years ago Frontier was bought by the guy who started Spirit, for less than the value of their fleet of airplanes.

If you know what you are doing when booking a flight, your final costs can still be much lower than booking a flight on one of the larger carriers. Many or most of the larger carriers have "basic economy" rates that don't include things like seat selection or carryon luggage, and are still more expensive than Frontier or Allegiant (I've never flown Spirit).

Cmon guys support our sponsors new and old instead of complaining say thanks so much for supporting our sport and helping us do what we love , My personal thank you to the guys and gals at Allegiant !

I fly a number of times a year but I have never used Allegiant simply because they don't seem to fly to the cities I go to.
Really don't know much about them other then the comments in this thread.

My favoriates are JetBlue and Southwest and once in a blue moon American if there are no other flights I can get.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

it is an interesting sponsorship, and a non-automotive one at that. have flown both spirit and frontier. they are the same sardine packed airlines as allegiant.....but i will say this. spirit has started putting 4 1st class seats in the front of their a320's. there is no first class service, only the big comfy chair. flew spirit to orlando last winter. bare bones fare was $130 r/t.
i do not need carry-on or checked bag. paid $50extra each way for 1st class seat and rode in complete comfort for $230 r/t. first to board, first to get off.......flew spirit another time,
waited 3 hours past departure time for the airplane crew to show up (the whole crew!)......you take your chances with these airlines.

We have flown Allegiant numerous times. From Cedar Rapids & Des Moines to Las Vegas and Orlando (Sanford). Like I've stated before, they are a "no frills" airline but they do go to mostly vacation destinations. They do package deals to Vegas that can include hotels, show tickets, & rental cars. Just have to practice "buyer beware". Glad to see a new sponsor in the sport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back