NHRA dot com (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
When did NHRA start posting the winners of an event before the television broadcast starts on Sunday's? :(

My home page is NHRA . com and when I opened up my browser this evening the first thing I saw were the winners in Norwalk. The same thing happened last weekend during the E-Town race too. I don't ever remember this happening in the past, is this something new or is it just me?

Looks like I won't be sitting in front of the TV watching the race tonight like I had planned. I guess I also need to change my home page too..

Brian. :)

Strange....

I know I've seen their site during a Sunday race and the winners weren't posted yet. :confused:

I think they figure that the folks listening to the audiocast or following the results on line would already know.

S/F
D

ESPN2 had the winners on their scroll during the race right before the finals!

ESPN2 had the winners on their scroll during the race right before the finals!

That's good enough, I guess. Just as long as you can trip across the results before the ESPN show they pay all that money to air has an opportunity to do so, thereby diminishing the need for viewing?
Larry Morgan seems smarter every day!

As far back as I can recall

Same here. Personally, it doesn't bother me to know who won before the coverage comes on ESPN. If it did, I wouldn't bother turning on my computer. Same way with movies. If somebody slips and tells me how it ends before I see it, I couldn't care less. I don't watch something to see how it ends. I watch it for the entire content. I'm sure I am in a small minority here, but, to each his own, right?

Same here. Personally, it doesn't bother me to know who won before the coverage comes on ESPN. If it did, I wouldn't bother turning on my computer. Same way with movies. If somebody slips and tells me how it ends before I see it, I couldn't care less. I don't watch something to see how it ends. I watch it for the entire content. I'm sure I am in a small minority here, but, to each his own, right?

I agree with you Mark. I usually watch for the racing action and the interviews. Lately I have been watching to see the latest controversy/fine, since that seems to be a more regular occurence lately.

I don't get it. Knowing who won isn't the same as seeing it happen. When I'm working a race, I hope the TV broadcast is on late enough for me to see it after I leave the track, even though I just saw it happen live. There are always replays and different camera angles of things that happen during runs aired that aren't shown at the track (and aren't visible from the tower), interviews that aren't broadcast over the track PA system, and behind the scenes stuff that is well worth watching. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back