NHRA better get moving! (1 Viewer)

Hi, don't comment here much. But, I found it wild that I could go to a Camping World sponsored event and not see 1 show model camper, no manufacturer displays for the RV world or anything similar. I only attended Dallas so maybe it was just missed at this event.

As an RV owner I was actually hoping something would be displayed.
Camping World, as far as I know, never attempted to do any activation of sponsorship at a race. No displays at all. we Should all be thankful for them helping the series out when they were desperate but they could have done so much more for themselves.

Hi, don't comment here much. But, I found it wild that I could go to a Camping World sponsored event and not see 1 show model camper, no manufacturer displays for the RV world or anything similar. I only attended Dallas so maybe it was just missed at this event.

As an RV owner I was actually hoping something would be displayed.
I was at Charlotte a few weeks back, they did have 3 or 4 different models on display for people to go inside and look around at. Everything from the little bitty things you could tow behind a minivan all the way up to the full-on 1 bedroom apartment on wheels.

But this was the first time I had seen any presence from them at a race, they weren't at any of the races I went to for the first couple years of their deal. Kind of strange that they're only starting to make the most of their sponsorship once it's coming to an end.

You’d think it was the apocalypse based on the great minds of Facebook.
But here’s what I would guess. Camping World stepped in when Coke stepped out, and given the uncertainty of the times they probably got a heck of a deal. For three years they’ve had the brand recognition, but diminishing returns are part and parcel of naming rights sponsorships. Even Coke changed brands.
As others have said, NHRA has plenty of notice and has had some good wins lately, at a time when NASCAR has been struggling to find its identity.
Thanks Camping World, and I think this is far from the death of the NHRA.

we all need to consider if this was something NHRA brought on themselves. Maybe NHRA thinks it can get a better deal elsewhere.

I was at Charlotte a few weeks back, they did have 3 or 4 different models on display for people to go inside and look around at. Everything from the little bitty things you could tow behind a minivan all the way up to the full-on 1 bedroom apartment on wheels.

But this was the first time I had seen any presence from them at a race, they weren't at any of the races I went to for the first couple years of their deal. Kind of strange that they're only starting to make the most of their sponsorship once it's coming to an end.
I think that was because there was a CW dealership right across the street. Used it as a landmark when heading to the track..........

Given the economic outlook and large inventory I see on the CW lots I pass, a reduction in spending is probably a good move on CW's part.

Well thousands of rv's, trailers, boats, etc were bought during covid, everyone wanted to spend time with the family. Then it was hard to get a spot. Now regrets coming into play, payments, insurance, storage, I think you're right on CW playing it safe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back