NHRA attendee's @ Epping, NH (1 Viewer)

cat

Nitro Member
This years event @ NED should be exciting since the NHRA guys & gals are going to be close to the area. Indy is August 30th to September 4th, NED is September 8th & 9th and Reading is September 14th to 17th.

I would think they would want as many runs as possible do to the fact that the points chase will be red hot.

Could we have a record turnout @ this IHRA event?
Who do you think or know will be attending this event?

Team Force?
DSR?
Kalitta?

Mike, I wouldn't expect a big turnout as that would mean 4 weekends in a row (Dallas follows Reading) for those teams, which is usually too taxing on the crew's. I give Force an outside shot at being there because he will be doing some PR stuff at Tasca Ford during the week after Indy, and Tasca supports NED, but I think that is a longshot. I hope I'm wrong, because NED is a very good racing facility, and often has record setting conditions at that time of year. Unfortunately since Division 1 now has a points race in E-town that same weekend this will be the second year in a row that I have missed it.

Mike, I wouldn't expect a big turnout as that would mean 4 weekends in a row (Dallas follows Reading) for those teams, which is usually too taxing on the crew's. I give Force an outside shot at being there because he will be doing some PR stuff at Tasca Ford during the week after Indy, and Tasca supports NED, but I think that is a longshot. I hope I'm wrong, because NED is a very good racing facility, and often has record setting conditions at that time of year. Unfortunately since Division 1 now has a points race in E-town that same weekend this will be the second year in a row that I have missed it.

Good points Doug, I hope your wrong to. It would be nice to see them run at NED. I think the pro's would like it. Hopefully NED will be NHRA sanctioned and have a National event there, that way the'll be no more speculation. Good luck at E-town!

I'm not familiar with Tasca... but the New England Dodge Dealers support that event strongly. I say Force's Ford's are a very long shot.

I heard (on the www) that this would be the last year that the IHRA would be at NED. They have made a lot of improvements to the facility recently and yes, they still need a lot more for a NHRA event. Seattle, WA isn't that great either and yet they have one. If the IHRA isn't on the schedule next year, they could make some improvements, eg. parking lots, grand stands, concession and a new tower and that should do it. Sounds like a plan to me!

MIke your Correct, Seattle's been nothing to brag about till recently with the major improvements scheduled. However Seattle's the Only NHRA Event within a 1000 mile radius of that whole area. And NHRA didn't want to lose that Market whatever the cost. While Epping could be a good market for NHRA, there is E-Town and Maplegrove to choose from in that region.

We have certainly enjoyed watching the fuel floppers this year and hope they get a good car count in N.H!

Mark,
Tigges Racing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back