New NHRA game (1 Viewer)

As long as they don't have ridiculous minimum system requirements for the graphics card portion of your computer this may be one game I'll end up buying.

These days, there are zero video games I am interested in. This one I would make whatever upgrades necessary, to play.

As long as they don't have ridiculous minimum system requirements for the graphics card portion of your computer this may be one game I'll end up buying.
Well you can forget it then, any PC game is going to have a minimum requirement of what will run the game properly.

Great! I'm screwed because the game will probably have an XBox version and I just sold my XBox.
Woe is me!

Well you can forget it then, any PC game is going to have a minimum requirement of what will run the game properly.

Clarification: I just completed a PC upgrade and had to transplant my 7 year old Geforce 760 from my old tower into it because no reputable retailer has the current-model GPUs in stock. Not one. Sure, I can go on Ebay but I refuse to pay a scalper 800 dollars for a video card that retails for 350. If the game runs fine on my 760 then OK but if it needs a newer card just to run I'm screwed for now.

If the alleged NHRA game follows the iRacing model, you will need smokin' broadband and a GREAT computer. I bought a Dell gaming computer and upgraded to fast cable internet and iRacing is f$@@ing amazing. WAY better than online racing looks on Fox. Very humbling trying to hustle a Miata around Lime Rock or a Lotus 49 at Laguna Seca. The thing now allows you to set up a race against a field of computer controlled cars. VERY accurate and difficult. The damn things keep coming at you.

If the alleged NHRA game follows the iRacing model, you will need smokin' broadband and a GREAT computer. I bought a Dell gaming computer and upgraded to fast cable internet and iRacing is f$@@ing amazing. WAY better than online racing looks on Fox. Very humbling trying to hustle a Miata around Lime Rock or a Lotus 49 at Laguna Seca. The thing now allows you to set up a race against a field of computer controlled cars. VERY accurate and difficult. The damn things keep coming at you.
My new setup is an 8 core CPU with 32gb of memory and all sold state drivers. Too bad my video card is a 7 year old GeForce 760 from my old tower because all the bitcoin miners and scalpers keep snatching the new ones up as soon as the retailers restock them.

My new setup is an 8 core CPU with 32gb of memory and all sold state drivers. Too bad my video card is a 7 year old GeForce 760 from my old tower because all the bitcoin miners and scalpers keep snatching the new ones up as soon as the retailers restock them.
I know where you're coming from. I wanted to upgrade the video card to 4K in the computer I use for video work, to go along with the 4K monitor I bought.

Clarification: I just completed a PC upgrade and had to transplant my 7 year old Geforce 760 from my old tower into it because no reputable retailer has the current-model GPUs in stock. Not one. Sure, I can go on Ebay but I refuse to pay a scalper 800 dollars for a video card that retails for 350. If the game runs fine on my 760 then OK but if it needs a newer card just to run I'm screwed for now.
That's a decent card; good enough to run any of the newer flight simulator games and those are video hogs, too. Besides, it'll likely be a while before NHRA puts the game on the market and by then, hopefully the current chip shortage will be behind us. Good God; it's raised hell with the car business.... :(

That's a decent card; good enough to run any of the newer flight simulator games and those are video hogs, too. Besides, it'll likely be a while before NHRA puts the game on the market and by then, hopefully the current chip shortage will be behind us. Good God; it's raised hell with the car business.... :(
Interesting read.

While PC is the gold standard in gaming for play quality, the real money is always in console games. NHRA would be wise to keep in mind the average gamer is the target not the hardcore race simulator fanboy..

While PC is the gold standard in gaming for play quality, the real money is always in console games. NHRA would be wise to keep in mind the average gamer is the target not the hardcore race simulator fanboy..
I would say the real money is actually in mobile now.
I guess I'm quietly hoping for something like iRacing. Even if it needed a monthly subscription, if they were adding lots of different cars and tracks it would be well worth it. Imagine if they could slowly add all the NHRA sanctioned tracks around the country, and bring in more and more vehicles to try. But I dream...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back