New Kalitta sponsor, car? (1 Viewer)

I was looking at NHRA & they showed interviews w/ the 3 Kalitta drivers....BUT music covered what they were saying? ARGHH So why didn't they announce the new sponsor?

I was looking at NHRA & they showed interviews w/ the 3 Kalitta drivers....BUT music covered what they were saying? ARGHH So why didn't they announce the new sponsor?

mite be a good time to get rid of the Champion logo streaming across the top of their website.

mite be a good time to get rid of the Champion logo streaming across the top of their website.
Once that contract runs its course, and this one takes action (starting in 2020) - I'm sure they'll make the change.

Since the post hints at a third dragster, Crampton must be staying, and since Langdon's FC crew is leaving for DeJoria, I'm guessing it's Langdon returning to TF with NGK as sponsor for Kalitta. So who would take the 2nd FC? ... Paul Lee? Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I saw a quick note on my FB from Scott Palmer about taking a seat in Dougs's dragster for "testing". His quote marks, not mine.

You have a wire tap on his phone or something?
No. However, a top 2 F/C crew chief was sitting in the stands a couple of rows behind me talking to some friends. I overheard the guy ask “Why isn’t Tony driving yet?” The CC said flat out...He’s asking for too much money.”

That’s all I can tell you. Take it for what it’s worth.

I'm thinking that Global is out and a new title sponsor for
Since the post hints at a third dragster, Crampton must be staying, and since Langdon's FC crew is leaving for DeJoria, I'm guessing it's Langdon returning to TF with NGK as sponsor for Kalitta. So who would take the 2nd FC? ... Paul Lee? Just thinking out loud.
Paul Lee is affiliated with the Straightline Strategy Group which also fields Clay Millican TF, Janette Thornley PFM and Jeff Lutz Street Outlaws / NPK. Lee is also working with DSR and tuned by Jim Oberhofer whom was let go from Kalitta Motorsports. So doubtful that he would run under the Kalitta tent.

I think the biggest question mark with Kalitta for 2020 would be if Langdon has a job with them. He hinted in his top end interview at Charlotte that all he knew for sure for 2020 was that he would be participating in a couple of million dollar sportsman races. I'm guessing that Global is moving on and there isn't any funding currently for Langdon's FC. And with both Nicky and Del leaving to head up DeJoria's new operation it seems likely that that car maybe parked. That said, it would seem strange to me that Kalitta would add a third TF car considering that they have a complete FC operation and having two Funny Cars is most beneficial, rather than a single FC and three TF cars. It will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. Ain't the "SIlly Season" fun. :)

No. However, a top 2 F/C crew chief was sitting in the stands a couple of rows behind me talking to some friends. I overheard the guy ask “Why isn’t Tony driving yet?” The CC said flat out...He’s asking for too much money.”

Pay my way id drive for free lol

Yeah I get it but I seriously doubt that anyone other than Don or Tony know the details.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back