New England car count (1 Viewer)

Some of the chatter I heard at Norwalk was some teams were skipping Epping because it was such nightmare, lodging traffic, etc.

Should have had pro stock there,looks like a ghost town lol
Mountain Motors will be there, but they're not on the entry list. I think I saw somewhere that there should be a decent number of them.

Salinas was skipping due to a prior business commitment per Brian Lohnes. No Leah either, was looking forward to seeing her.
I wish the fields were full but I’m thankful that we still have a national event at NED.
I’ll take 28 fuel cars any day, it could be zero!
Any nitro is good nitro!

Looks like 12 Top Fuel cars. Just for reference the IHRA had 13 cars fighting for 8 spots and they were called bush league.

Some of the events have had more than 16 in each class. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, we just came off of a pretty grueling schedule.

Unfortunately the Epping race is pretty far off of the beaten path considering teams just came off of four races in a row, the last being in Ohio. Having to take a week off and then head to the East coast for one race at Epping and then turn around and head to the Western Swing, you can see why teams elected to sit out Epping. I haven't looked at the entire schedule, but it would seem that some adjustments need to be made in order to better accommodate the teams to get to Epping, or this race won't make it.

Unfortunately the Epping race is pretty far off of the beaten path considering teams just came off of four races in a row, the last being in Ohio. Having to take a week off and then head to the East coast for one race at Epping and then turn around and head to the Western Swing, you can see why teams elected to sit out Epping. I haven't looked at the entire schedule, but it would seem that some adjustments need to be made in order to better accommodate the teams to get to Epping, or this race won't make it.
One adjustment they better make is fix the track. Is this a no prep race?

After qual # 1 low qualifier is Austin Prock at 4.214 et. Sad several cars did not event make a full run.

Actually, none of the top fuel dragsters made a full run, but several of the nitro funny cars did.

Don't want tracks to lose races but Friday on NHRA.TV was very boring track prep was horrible only a few were able to figure it out, to much down time between classes also.

Was Epping the site where Tommy Ivo had his F/C crash? Another driver ran into the back of Ivo's car & both cars destroyed.

One adjustment they better make is fix the track. Is this a no prep race?

After qual # 1 low qualifier is Austin Prock at 4.214 et. Sad several cars did not event make a full run.
Educate yourself. Epping is a smooth all concrete track with track records on par with any track in the country. What no one can control is Mother Nature. Temps in mid 90's and track temps approaching 135 make for slippery conditions. I actually thought the FC did a hell of a job getting down in the first session. Top Fuel not so much.

Was Epping the site where Tommy Ivo had his F/C crash? Another driver ran into the back of Ivo's car & both cars destroyed.
Yes Tim Kushi and Ivo got together right after finish line around 1979 I think.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back