New Comp Plus Rumor (1 Viewer)

UMMMM he is giving a hint. :) and a good one
Does the below snippet from a 2018 CP article have anything to do with this?

"Rahn Tobler is the “sensei” of professional drag racing.

He has taught some of the best current crew chiefs currently competing in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing.

The sport’s Renaissance man also has taught assistants the cultural and spiritual benefits of hip-hop music and fine wine.

Walk into his office/lounge in one of the NAPA AUTO PARTS technology trailers in the pit area this weekend at Norwalk, Ohio, and you’ll hear the beat of hip-hop artists from NWA, Dre, Tupac or anything old school."

When was the last time Tobler tuned a dragster? I remember a short stint with Morgan Lucas after his time with Kalitta. There aren’t too many crew chiefs with championships tuning both.

When was the last time Tobler tuned a dragster? I remember a short stint with Morgan Lucas after his time with Kalitta. There aren’t too many crew chiefs with championships tuning both.
Lol...Morgan Lucas. Multiple national event wins and top 3 finishes with Doug Kalitta. The quickest 1/4 mile run in history and yeah not many crew chiefs, just him and that Dale Armstrong guy. He'll be alright...lol.

Last edited:
Lol...Morgan Lucas. Multiple national event wins and top 3 finishes with Doug Kalitta. The quickest 1/4 mile run in history and yeah not many crew chiefs, just him and that Dale Armstrong guy. He'll be alright...lol.
I’m not sure the year and how long it was but I didn’t think it was for more than a hiccup. Yes, he will be fine and probably be a top qualifier right out of the gate.

Edit: I find it sad how I can ask an innocent question, get no response to that, but always have someone try to take what I said out of context and be an ass. Worse yet when you show them they are wrong, they just ignore it.

Last edited:
How about 2.
Does this count. Rahn was a crew member in1977 when Shirley won her first World Championship.
Remember seeing this car at the 1977 NHRA Fallnationals Seattle. Holy crap check out the faces in
the crowd. Can you say Lengends!
1643154906386.png

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamJFR/. Sorry it is fron facebook. Montana Brand Tools and Rocky Mountain Twist are returning as primary sponsor for Austin Prock’s Top Fuel dragster in the 2022 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season! Montana Brand/Rocky Mountain Twist first joined JFR in 2019 as Prock’s primary sponsor when he won his first career NHRA national event at the #NorthwestNats and finished the season as the NHRA’s Rookie of the Year winning the Automobile Club of Southern California Road to the Future Award. In 2022, the Montana Brand / Rocky Mountain Twist dragster will be led by co-crew chiefs Joe Barlam and Rahn Tobler.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back