New Body in White coming (1 Viewer)

Rules to live by! :D

Yea, this project can wait... 🤣

281438763_10160187927389468_6610032541322095835_n.jpg

Normally I like dropping bombs, but this one just sucks big time:

Mopar, er, Stellantis, has been talking about this for a while. But, I haven't seen any performance projections for their electric "muscle" cars new for 2024. They have been hinting at surprising performance.
I know electric cars can be brutally quick. But, I bet you won't be able to make very many runs at a track before you have to stop and recharge, for who knows how long, before you are sure you have enough juice to continue racing and/or make it home.
I do like the idea of a convertible Challenger. But I still haven't hit the lottery. However, the trick is that you have to buy a ticket. I haven't gotten to that part yet.

To me, the profile of the new car looks way too much like a Camaro. That's enough reason to not buy it.

The side of that body needs some contours or something. It just looks like a flat panel ready for a door ding.

I know electric cars can be brutally quick. But, I bet you won't be able to make very many runs at a track before you have to stop and recharge, for who knows how long, before you are sure you have enough juice to continue racing and/or make it home.
And we thought oil downs took too long. The answer to the chargeing problem is, bring an extra set of batteries lke the other racers that use fossil fuel engines.

Mopar, er, Stellantis, has been talking about this for a while. But, I haven't seen any performance projections for their electric "muscle" cars new for 2024. They have been hinting at surprising performance.
I do like the idea of a convertible Challenger. But I still haven't hit the lottery. However, the trick is that you have to buy a ticket. I haven't gotten to that part yet.
It'll cut into their bottom line - the SRT series makes Mopar a lot of money - and I don't believe electrics will come close to replicating the excitement. Not Mopar's fault; blame the climate change Dudley-Doo-Right folks. Who here would enjoy a national event featuring 3.60 second, 330mph "Top Electric" dragsters? I'd rather stay home and watch TV reruns of the nitro powered versions.

I like the fact that a Tesla Plaid runs low 9s at over 150mph as delivered from the factory but the car has no sex appeal and no soul. It's also $130,000. I own a widebody Redeye HC Charger and it makes a lot of racket. It's averaged 17.5mpg since the day I brought it home, including city, highway, hot rodding and idling time and 23-24 out on the interstate, better than your midsize SUV will do. It hasn't depreciated a dime since I bought it 16 months ago. It gets a ton of attention and it's quicker than about 95 percent of the cars in town.

Enjoy your quiet, emissions-free Hellcat replacement while I enjoy my carbon-belching 800 horsepower pig. ;)

What happens if an electric catches on fire? Like the one Don Garlits had? I was gonna say that would make for an exciting show, but I won't say that.

Just wait until the late rounds when they start “Hot Lapping” the cars and you only have a few minutes. Every one will have to bring multiple quick change battery packs and dry ice to cool the motors. I wonder how many charging stations will be needed in the pits?

Just wait until the late rounds when they start “Hot Lapping” the cars and you only have a few minutes. Every one will have to bring multiple quick change battery packs and dry ice to cool the motors. I wonder how many charging stations will be needed in the pits?

In California you won't be able to start your generator in your motorhome or in your trailer to charge anything.

In California you won't be able to start your generator in your motorhome or in your trailer to charge anything.
No but I understand that Peloton is developing an excersize bike hooked to a generator for only $6500 that you can pedal and get in shape while you charge the batteries. It is only for your own good - you understand don't you. Joking aside I don't understand why RV's or even Race Car trailers don't have complete solar roofs as auxilary charging devices.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back