New 10.5 FC Chassis Spec (1 Viewer)

Some important names aren't on the chassis comittee list. :(
You know, at first I thought the same thing.

Then I started thinking that, would I want an "old school" type of person. I love the "old school" type of person, hell I am one, but advanced analysis and troubleshooting is what really is needed.

For many years, I was in manufacturing design and processing and found many "old school" designs were computationally evaluated to be incorrect. I heard the phrase "we've done it this way for 40 years" quite often. Doing it wrong, for no matter how long, is still wrong.

I'm not saying the old designs are wrong or that the "old school" guys did it wrong, it's just that we need to go the next level, engineering-wise, to help solve issues.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the "old school" guys, they brought the designs to the then next-level. Input from "old school" should be heartily welcomed, but should not be mandatory.

Just my .02 cents.

"New School" is not always right either. "Out of the Box" thinking has killed more than one person, and not just in drag racing.

I'm in total agreement with Paul Flores... some names I thought should have been on that list, aren't. And some names that are on the list confused me as to why they were.

The most significant thing I got out of the article was the use of thicker tubing.

Hmm, why does that concept sound so familiar to me!?!? :rolleyes:

I'm interested to get my copy of the new spec so I can compare it to the revised 10.1E.

So, they are telling me that they put a full and new three rail chassis on the actual machines for full testing purposes before they issued the spec? That is what they are making it sound like.

And don't even try to compare it to the alcohol spec.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back