Neff grabs second career No. 1 (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Pomona, Saturday: Rookie of the year front-runner Mike Neff and the Old Spice Ford Mustang blasted to a stunning 4.079 second run.

Neff knew that crew chief John Medlen was going to throw the proverbial kitchen sink at the track and he was pleased to grab his second career top qualifying position. His maturation has been as steady as his demeanor throughout the season.

“For me personally I am definitely a lot more comfortable than I was the last time I was here. I have a lot more runs under my belt. I feel comfortable. (Crew chief) John Medlen is performing as well as he has all year long as far as the tuning goes. This is probably as good as we have looked at any race all year.”

“(Getting JFR at top of ladder) was what we were trying to do. We got three of them up there. Robert has a tough race with Tony Pedregon and John (Force) has Tim Wilkerson which is exactly what we were hoping for was a match-up like that. One of our cars racing these guys that are in contention. John is running great if he could take out Wilkerson that would definitely be part of the plan,” said Neff.

“You know Robert and Jimmy (Prock) are going to have to be on their game tomorrow. They are going to have to put down four great runs to get the championship. It is all up to them. As far as the rest of the three Fords we just want to beat everyone we can and hopefully we can race some of these guys that are in contention and challenging Robert.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back