National Dragster (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
I don't get on nitromater.com nearly as often as I wish I could so if this has been discussed in the past, please accept my apologies.

Anyway, I really enjoy the changes National Dragster has made with respect to the way they cover the pro results in this year's edition. I like that I can see a time slip for each and every run each team has made over the course of the weekend. It's nice to compare relative performance to the other teams during each qualifying session, and then see a brief description of each race on Sunday. Maybe I'm alone in my opinion, but there it is. What does everyone else think?

It would be nicer if they could get their printer to get it in the mail quicker.I haven't recieved last weeks ND yet,and it's not the problem of the USPS.(I know!!)

It would be nicer if they could get their printer to get it in the mail quicker.I haven't recieved last weeks ND yet,and it's not the problem of the USPS.(I know!!)

I got last weeks and this weeks issues yesterday. I usually get them on time, so I'm not complaining any.

I like the new format myself.

I probably don't notice because I'm away from home so much (thus the limited posting). It's not uncommon for me to be gone for so long I come home to two or three editions. God love my beautiful bride too, she stacks them neatly for me - oldest to newest... Isn't she the best?:D

I do like the changes also, one thing I would include is when they show how the qualifying went I'd like to also see the ones who didn't make it.

As for when I get the nd, its a crap shoot. It'll be fine for a week or two, then I'll miss a week. Have 2 show up the same day or have them show up in the wrong order. They always blame the postal service but it happens too often and its far to spread out for it to be some yahoo in the post office.

Right on the money Gordon!!!
They've done a great job with the new format.

I think PJ's idea is a great one!!!

I love the new changes, too. The editors really seem to be trying hard to make a print magazine relevant in the internet age. In a sport that is so data driven as drag racing, they seem to have found a good format.

But the random delivery is really curious, isn't it? I wonder if it has anything to do with the unusual size? I have long wondered if that format is worth it. I would love it just as much, if not more, if it were a more traditional size.

Yes, they made it smaller a couple of years ago, but I'd prefer it if they just went all the way to a normal magazine size.

PJ, not all of us who work for the USPS are "yahoo's".:p

Chris - ya got that right! We drop off mailings at the main facility in Phoenix almost every day. The volume of incoming mail is incredible . . . USPS personnel are always courteous and work very hard to get our customers' mailings out on time. My ND arrives every Monday, if I'm supposed to get it on Friday, I really don't care!
Before you slam the USPS, you might want to do some research on mailing costs and delivery times in ANY other country.

didn't mean to offend usps, there are yahoo's everywhere.

I bet even at a company like google, there are a few yahoo's

(ok that was a really sad attempt at a joke)

didn't mean to offend usps, there are yahoo's everywhere.

I bet even at a company like google, there are a few yahoo's

(ok that was a really sad attempt at a joke)

No offense taken at all!! (Note the smiley at the end of sentence)

But if your mail starts arriving late or not at all....well it's not my fault.:eek:

(my sad attempt at a joke)

On topic... I have liked the new format,although ND is still 1/2 of advertisements.IMHO,there is a lot more going on in the world of drag racing,and it's flagship publication should be more stories than ads.

ND is still 1/2 of advertisements.IMHO,there is a lot more going on in the world of drag racing,and it's flagship publication should be more stories than ads.

As a racer, I love the ads. I know, that's contrary to the fan's point-of-view, but it's one of the best ways to find what's out there, who's doing it, what's new/hot, etc.

I like the changes ND has made and I agree with Christopher's comments about the ads, it does help to keep me informed.

As a side note, I really like what ND did on this weeks page 28.
:D

I really like what ND did on this weeks page 28. :D

Ummm... on my "this week" (March 14), page 28 is the schedule for the national events... Am I missing something? Like maybe an issue? :)

Chris

PS - It's just Chris. I had to use my full name here because apparently some other "Chris Williams" decided to register here at the Mater :( But bumping into other Chris Williams's is not uncommon for me, I've been a rock singer who killed himself a few years ago, a writer for Mythbusters, a star in the movie Dodgeball, and where I used to work, there were FIVE "Chris Williams"s -- boy did email get messy there :)

PS - It's just Chris. I had to use my full name here because apparently some other "Chris Williams" decided to register here at the Mater :( But bumping into other Chris Williams's is not uncommon for me, I've been a rock singer who killed himself a few years ago, a writer for Mythbusters, a star in the movie Dodgeball, and where I used to work, there were FIVE "Chris Williams"s -- boy did email get messy there :)

Back in the early 90s when I was in college (holy smokes I am getting old) I used to have campus police pull me out of class looking for Chris L Cook ... and sure enough I am Chris L Cook ... but I am 6 foot 3 and white, the other Chris was 5 foot 10 and black, god forbid they actually read the description on their paperwork. The first time, they got me all they way to the campus police station with me screaming the whole way "you got the wrong guy" ... they were like yeah right, we've heard that one before ... the bursar used to come looking for the other Chris L Cook too and would find me, apparently he had issues paying his tuition on time as well. I finally found out his middle name was Lynn, and mine is Lee, so I would come up in the computer first by alphabetical listing. The lazy SOBs just wouldn't look to see if there was more than 1 Chris L Cook on campus. By the end of the semester they stopped bothering me, so either the other Chris left school or they finally figured it out.

I didn't want to start a seperate topic on this but I think the reader's choice issue is especially a good one. Great article on Mark Oswald, I'm kinda biased because of the time he spent with Candies & Hughes. But he seems to be one of the really "good guys" out there. Also a tow other great articles on some more of my childhood favorites, the "Chi-Town Hustler" and Pat Foster!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back