National DO NOT CALL registry to expire. Must resign to stay on this list (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
The National Do Not Call registry is set to expire. If you wish to continue to be on this list, which prevents telemarketers from calling you, you will have to resign. There was a time limit set on this registry, so they can weed out numbers that are no longer in use, or assigned to a different party.

If you never signed up, here's a chance to do so.

Do-Not-Call Lists Set to Expire - Newsweek Periscope - MSNBC.com

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Background Q&A
Q&A for Telemarketers and Sellers About the Do Not Call Provisions of the FTC’s Telemarketing Sales Rule Q&A for Telemarketers and Sellers About the Do Not Call Provisions of the FTC’s Telemarketing Sales Rule

I have been getting a phone call from the same number almost every night for the past few weeks. I never answered it until the other night to finally tell them to put me on their do not call list. He said he was from GE and wanted to know if I had a smoke decetor in my house. I then stopped him and told him to place me on the list. He then told me to "F#(& my A$$" and hung up. I lodged a complain with my State AG and went to file a complaint with the nation list. The national list web site told me I was unable to complain as I had not signed up. Of course I signed up for the list about 3 years ago when I got the number, to be on the safe side I had also registered my cell phone numbers at the same time. I registered them with both my states DNC list as well which is supposed to transfer to the federal list, as well as the federal. None of the numbers came back as registered.

I have been getting a phone call from the same number almost every night for the past few weeks. I never answered it until the other night to finally tell them to put me on their do not call list. He said he was from GE and wanted to know if I had a smoke decetor in my house. I then stopped him and told him to place me on the list. He then told me to "F#(& my A$$" and hung up. I lodged a complain with my State AG and went to file a complaint with the nation list. The national list web site told me I was unable to complain as I had not signed up. Of course I signed up for the list about 3 years ago when I got the number, to be on the safe side I had also registered my cell phone numbers at the same time. I registered them with both my states DNC list as well which is supposed to transfer to the federal list, as well as the federal. None of the numbers came back as registered.

BUMMER about not being able to lodge a complaint, Jim.

This list does not prevent all calls from getting through. The telemarketers figured out if they would allow their phone numbers to be displayed, but not their name, their calls would be allowed. Thankfully, being on the list has cut down my 'junk-calls' by a whole bunch.

I've gotten those consecutive calls too. Sometimes I call the number back. Lots of times, there is no pick up or voice mail. But when there is voice mail, I take down the name and send it to the list. If it allows you to leave a message, I tell them to take me off their solicitation list.

On the rare occasion that I pick up and it's a telemarketer, I let them get as far as giving me their name & company. Then I say, "Bill, please take me off your soliciation list. I have your name and the name & phone number of your company. If I get another call from you, I will report you and your company. Goodbye." So far, so good.

I too registered my cell phone and my office phone. I've gotten a few telemarketing calls here at work.

When I try tried to call the number back it said it could not be called from my area. I am in Mass the call says it is from Phoenix. I just got a letter back from the Mass AG's office saying that they got my complaint. I have also found most telemarketers very nice when you tell them that you want to be put on their list. Some will even go as far as reminding you that it can take up to 30 days to activate.

Thanks Jackee , I was wondering about that.
Guess I better do it on my company phone too.
I got a solicitation by text a few days ago.
It's a cell phone of course.

Last edited:
You're welcome, everyone. After I signed up a few years ago, the number of nuisence calls I receive has dropped. I signed up with my home phone, cell phone and office phone. I too, have received telemarketers at work!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back