Nascar Getting Short On Sponsors Too (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
6 Cars In Nationwide Series
4 Cars In Sprint Cup

These Are Teams Racing With No Long Term Sponsors. Don't Know The Teams Name Just Noticed In Qualifying And Dw Was Talking About.

Hopefully It Will Come Back Soon For Drag Racing, Since This Is The Most Exciting Sport Out There.:d

I too hope it comes back soon for Drag Racing. Besides, NHRA Drag Racing is a far better deal financally for a sponsor than Nascar. $1-$3 million dollars for an entire NHRA T/F or F/C team versus $20 million for a Cup car.

Dave

Other then the Yates cars (they are partially sponsored), who else is full time without a sponsor? I just checked the qualifying results from Vegas and it appears the 28 Yates car and Andretti's 34 (part timer) were the only cars without a sponsor.

Other then the Yates cars (they are partially sponsored), who else is full time without a sponsor? I just checked the qualifying results from Vegas and it appears the 28 Yates car and Andretti's 34 (part timer) were the only cars without a sponsor.

I AM SEARCHING THAT AS WELL, DW DIDN'T SAY WHO THEY WERE, BUT IF I FIND OUT I WILL POST IT.

PAUL, THESE ARE THE ONES THAT I KNOW,

SPRINT CUP: 70 MAYFIELD, 34 ANDRETTI, 28 YATES
NATIONWIDE: 0, 32, 52, 37, 90, 28 CAR #

Last edited:
I AM SEARCHING THAT AS WELL, DW DIDN'T SAY WHO THEY WERE, BUT IF I FIND OUT I WILL POST IT.

PAUL, THESE ARE THE ONES THAT I KNOW,

SPRINT CUP: 70 MAYFIELD, 34 ANDRETTI, 28 YATES
NATIONWIDE: 0, 32, 52, 37, 90, 28 CAR #

Although Mayfield may not have a full-time sponsor yet, his car owner is far from destitute. In fact, he's in the big house right now on tax fraud charges. Haas CNC Automation is a well to do company. Haas CNC Racing is owned by Haas Automation Inc., the world’s largest machine tool manufacturer.

Although Mayfield may not have a full-time sponsor yet, his car owner is far from destitute. In fact, he's in the big house right now on tax fraud charges. Haas CNC Automation is a well to do company. Haas CNC Racing is owned by Haas Automation Inc., the world’s largest machine tool manufacturer.

The point i was getting at is that Drag Racing is not the only ones feeling the lack of sponsor money. Haas is the car owner and has made the initial investment to start the team, but without sponsor money the likely hood of going the whole season are slim especially if they can't stay in the top 35. I'm a big fan of auto racing and i would like to seen all the teams succeed.

Yeah, and don't forgot the number of sponsors NASCAR has lured away from teams so that they could become "The Official FILL IN THE BLANK of NASCAR."

I too hope it comes back soon for Drag Racing. Besides, NHRA Drag Racing is a far better deal financally for a sponsor than Nascar. $1-$3 million dollars for an entire NHRA T/F or F/C team versus $20 million for a Cup car.

Dave

NHRA has been beating that "Best deal in Motorsports" drum for 3-4 years now. I'd say it's not working! Otherwise people like Evan Knoll wouldn't need to be helping half the teams out!:rolleyes:

NHRA has been beating that "Best deal in Motorsports" drum for 3-4 years now. I'd say it's not working! Otherwise people like Evan Knoll wouldn't need to be helping half the teams out!:rolleyes:

and who is getting a better ROI? Exposure wise you have a Cup car on TV for hours...the straightliners 6 seconds or less...

NHRA is behind the 8-ball here.

and who is getting a better ROI? Exposure wise you have a Cup car on TV for hours...the straightliners 6 seconds or less...

NHRA is behind the 8-ball here.

NHRA teams are bringing a knife to a gunfight. Larger NASCAR teams have journalism and media professionals as Vice Presidents of "Business Development" with dozens of staffers who can produce proposals that include real numbers on TV coverage.
NHRA teams seem to rely on legendary owners to attract sponsors by providing an "experience" - because the media exposure numbers are miserable. As the economy continues to tank, you can bet that NHRA teams with Smoke and Mirror deals will get burned - again

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back