Moving to Germany! (1 Viewer)

nitrogirl

Nitro Member
We found out right before my husband got back from his deployment to the Middle East that we are being stationed in Geilenkirchen, in western Germany! It is a three year assignment, at a NATO base, and it should be quite the experience.
We are leaving the US at the end of June, and busy trying to get everything organized to go. There is SO MUCH to get done! I hope I get one last chance to smell the nitro, but I'm not sure it is possible.
Just wanted to let everyone know. :)

Joelle, Thanks for letting us know. Wow what an opportunity. Hope you both enjoy your 3 yrs. And yes be sure to get a whif of nitro before you leave.
Keep us posted on the move and after you get settled over there.

(ps) don't forget the sunblock girl..... :p:D

Uncle Zap

We found out right before my husband got back from his deployment to the Middle East that we are being stationed in Geilenkirchen, in western Germany! It is a three year assignment, at a NATO base, and it should be quite the experience.
We are leaving the US at the end of June, and busy trying to get everything organized to go. There is SO MUCH to get done! I hope I get one last chance to smell the nitro, but I'm not sure it is possible.
Just wanted to let everyone know. :)
Wishing you both the best, Joelle.

You can still smell the nitro at Hockenheimring.

Do yourself a favor and see some DTM racing action, those guys get after it.

Make sure you go to Oktoberfest in Munich.

I would recommend trying to learn some German, they will treat you better. Rosetta Stone software is supposed to be very good.

HAVE FUN and take advantage of it best you can ... lots to see and do in the old world.

You can still smell the nitro at Hockenheimring.

Do yourself a favor and see some DTM racing action, those guys get after it.

Make sure you go to Oktoberfest in Munich.

I would recommend trying to learn some German, they will treat you better. Rosetta Stone software is supposed to be very good.

HAVE FUN and take advantage of it best you can ... lots to see and do in the old world.

Urs Urbacher told me that's the Best track in Europe!

There some good racing in Europe!! Season is short, but you'll have a blast over there. I have some friends that have been stationed there for over 2 years, they don't really want to come back here at this point and he's relisted for another 3 years. Good times :)

I saw Euro Nitro on TV once a cople years ago, after having about 5 beers.... If I remember correctly they go 1/8 mile, or it's done in Kph instead of MPH or something like that. Either way, it freaked me out to see the numbers.
Good luck and let us know how it's going

Joelle, everyone, absolutely everyone I know that has been stationed in Germany has loved it. I know several people that are not planning on coming back anytime soon & my brother is thinking about transferring there.

Learning German is fairly easy as the language is close to ours in many sounds. Many times the larger words are made from combining smaller ones. It's the verb structures that take a little getting used to, but being there will help tons.

My suggestion is to try everything at least once and see as much as you can.

Yes, best of luck Joelle. Speaking of Germany, on CBS' "The Amazing Race", the second leg of the current race took the teams through Munich, Germany and to Salzburg, Austria and the scenery was stunningly beautiful. I'd love to get over to that area some day.

I went today and applied for my very first passport! And we are working on getting our international driver's licenses and the military overseas driver's licenses (can't think of the letters; everything in the military is an acronym!).
I sold my GTO to my dad in Montana (yes, Greg's autograph is still on the dash, and it's going to a good home!), and my husband surprised me with an Audi TT 3.2 quattro (red, of course).
My husband lived in Germany for two years before, and speaks fluent German, so until I am proficient with the language (will be starting Rosetta Stone soon!), he can help me out.
Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone!

Best of luck, Joelle! It was great meeting you in Concord. We'll try to have an honorary Mater meeting for you this year.

Murdock.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back