Mountain Motor Pro Stocks (1 Viewer)

Pete

Nitro Member
Just an FYI - This past weekend at MIR's Mountain Motor Nationals, ADRL's Todd Hoerner ran 6.23 @ 225 (on separate passes) in about 2000' of corrected altitude.

I thought was worth mentioning, seeing he is one of the very few PS cars using EFI....and 500 more cubes.:eek:

Wow. Those kind of pro stocks could actually get me to watch pro stock. Also I point out that MIR was just recently completely redone, do it is probably as good as Valdosta Ga. now.

Just an FYI - This past weekend at MIR's Mountain Motor Nationals, ADRL's Todd Hoerner ran 6.23 @ 225 (on separate passes) in about 2000' of corrected altitude.

I thought was worth mentioning, seeing he is one of the very few PS cars using EFI....and 500 more cubes.:eek:

Is he running the Standard 813 CI?

Is he running the Standard 813 CI?

They didn't say he has the 1000+ beast under the hood, but the standard has been raised to almost 850+ for all makes...its just ridiculous the size of the cylinder heads on these things!

What is interesting to note, Q4 pass Saturday it was Hoerner vs. C. Goforth. EFI vs. Carburated....Hoerner ran 6.25 @ 225 vs. Goforths 6.27 @ 222! the only other car in the 20's was Matt Bertsch in his Mustang. Ran 6.27 in the semis to trailer Dean Goforth.

They uncharacteristically had 7 cars show up this year and unfortunately Cale Aronson had some type of issue and never took it out of the trailer. Cool guy and family, he did color commentary for the show.

Last year they had 18-20 PS's there after the ADRL race in Maple Grove.
Is this starting to show what the times have done to the class?

Pete, I know this sounds stupid but what track is this and where is it located. Thanks :cool:

They didn't say he has the 1000+ beast under the hood, but the standard has been raised to almost 850+ for all makes...its just ridiculous the size of the cylinder heads on these things!

What is interesting to note, Q4 pass Saturday it was Hoerner vs. C. Goforth. EFI vs. Carburated....Hoerner ran 6.25 @ 225 vs. Goforths 6.27 @ 222! the only other car in the 20's was Matt Bertsch in his Mustang. Ran 6.27 in the semis to trailer Dean Goforth.

They uncharacteristically had 7 cars show up this year and unfortunately Cale Aronson had some type of issue and never took it out of the trailer. Cool guy and family, he did color commentary for the show.

Last year they had 18-20 PS's there after the ADRL race in Maple Grove.
Is this starting to show what the times have done to the class?

First of all thanks for the kind words...

Actually our cubic inch limit is 830 for a Hemi and 840 for a wedge. Most of them you see are actually between 824 and 828. Hoerner is just setup with EFI.

The reason you saw a little lack of cars is not as much to do with the economy, but more with it was just bad timing. Last year we had 13 cars, and that was light because we had a LOT of races close together and many couldn't be gone that much. This year we had several who had commitments on Mother's day weekend and about 6 that had engine or other issues. I personally hurt my engine on the 2nd qualifying shot, but was looking to run some pretty good times!

Royce and the Miller family do a great job for us and we appreciate it! It is one of our favorite places to go!

First of all thanks for the kind words...

Actually our cubic inch limit is 830 for a Hemi and 840 for a wedge. Most of them you see are actually between 824 and 828. Hoerner is just setup with EFI.

The reason you saw a little lack of cars is not as much to do with the economy, but more with it was just bad timing. Last year we had 13 cars, and that was light because we had a LOT of races close together and many couldn't be gone that much. This year we had several who had commitments on Mother's day weekend and about 6 that had engine or other issues. I personally hurt my engine on the 2nd qualifying shot, but was looking to run some pretty good times!

Royce and the Miller family do a great job for us and we appreciate it! It is one of our favorite places to go!

Thanks for clarifying my memory issue Cale.:eek:

I could have sworn there was a full field of 16 last year, but you were in and I was a spectator. I had no idea there was a limit on cubic inches for you guys. Is it self imposed or ADRL imposed?
Anyway, I was thoroughly impressed with the personalities and sportsmanship of all participants in the XPS division! Everyone seems very friendly and fan oriented. Nothing says that more than two instances over that weekend...I can't remember what round it was, Cary had a bye and instead of a single, Dean pulls up and gives the fans a side by side race! Second was the issue with Eman and Team Aruba's car. Some people don't know what happened, but the starter broke and there were so many crew members from all different teams trying to push start the car, which finally worked! This was during eliminations and was just spectacular to watch.

Was a pleasure seeing you guys there again Cale. Its always refreshing having a racers perspective!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back