Mountain Motor Pro Stock at Four Events in 2019? (1 Viewer)

Wonder seats will be fuller when they run !!!

Well this is when they ran at the biggest race of the year:

DSB_7436_0.JPG

mountain motor / pro stock ........ two, two word phrases. each equally as boring to nhra nat. event fans. if you combine them into one four word phrase, guess what? same boring.

nhra doesn't have the time in it's schedule to expect fans to sit in the bleachers all day. if all nhra ran was pro stocks and mtn. motor pro stocks, it would be a different story. they would be main draw.
fans are there to see nitro, on the track and in the pits, and shop, eat, drink, and pee......then repeat, all of that in about an hour or less. you'll have a few hearty souls who watch everything,
but they are the minority. i should preface my previous post. they are boring compared to the nitro FC's and TF's that just ran before them. on their own, they are NOT boring cars to watch and appreciate.

Last edited:
nhra doesn't have the time in it's schedule to expect fans to sit in the bleachers all day. if all nhra ran was pro stocks and mtn. motor pro stocks, it would be a different story. they would be main draw.
fans are there to see nitro, on the track and in the pits, and shop, eat, drink, and pee......then repeat, all of that in about an hour or less. you'll have a few hearty souls who watch everything,
but they are the minority. i should preface my previous post. they are boring compared to the nitro FC's and TF's that just ran before them. on their own, they are NOT boring cars to watch and appreciate.
Great post Mike! Fans are way different than in years past. As an example, I remember fans would never dream of leaving the stands before the finals. Now, everyone wants to beat the crowd. Having said that, you’re right about the fuel cars being the “big show” and that’s what people come to see, for the most part of course. I think the only way fans would stay put is with... more nitro cars. How about an 8-10 race class of Transformer AA/FAs instead of big motor PS cars?

In a time not so long ago I watched fans riveted by MMPS after watching Top Fuel and Funny Cars at IHRA events. Time will tell.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back