Mopar News (1 Viewer)

I want a car that runs on water. Anybody remember that from many years ago? Guy claimed he could run the engine on good old H20. Hmmmm

Wait, what about hydrogen cars? They already exist & I get the feeling that the pro-battery people don't want them around.

I want a car that runs on water. Anybody remember that from many years ago? Guy claimed he could run the engine on good old H20. Hmmmm

Wait, what about hydrogen cars? They already exist & I get the feeling that the pro-battery people don't want them around.
Here's more:

I can't believe how all the automakers are just flipping the switch (pun intended) and declaring a move to all electric. I'm not against them, and yeah I know they're fast, but why isn't there more of a conversation about just how "green" this initiative is? Does anybody talk about what it takes to mine lithium? Or how much more coal is being burned to produce enough electricity to fill this huge need? Maybe I'm missing something. But, I would really like to understand more about this whole deal.
Your absolutely right the carbon footprint to produce the batteries for these vehicles far outweighs a combustion engine car!
Here is the pollution index for every country and look we’re the United States sits! In fact we’ve moved down from 89 from last year to 91 on the list 1 being the worse.

After looking at who the winners and losers are financially if the USA kills ICE and goes electric, it becomes obvious this has little to do with the environment. That's just the excuse to make fortunes off the US's huge transportation needs.

Big oil has been called big oil for a reason and John D Rockefeller was the wealthiest man in America for a long time because of it. Big oil still equals big money. But... kill off all gas and diesel engines by convincing the public they are killing the environment and the country is pushed into a huge new market. The money that will be made is huge and the profits will be replenished yearly.

Before I go on... I'm mentioning politics here but not saying anything about anybody or any side, be it Republican, Democrat, Independent, Communist or whatever. If I'm still wrong... (that just makes you in agreement with my wife.) If I'm still wrong in putting this out, please delete it or whatever needs to be done.

I believe that many in political power are surely heavily invested in all the different facets of electric transportation. When the money to be made is this huge, many could care less that it isn't any better for the environment than ICE transportation. If you are a high power politician and your wife, brother or son are heavily invested in whatever the new product is that you mandate in with your vote, your family and you win huge fortunes. It would be very interesting to know what companies our politician's family members are "in on the ground floor of" wouldn't it. Environment be damned - wallet be full.

Last edited:
After looking at who the winners and losers are financially if the USA kills ICE and goes electric, it becomes obvious this has little to do with the environment. That's just the excuse to make fortunes off the US's huge transportation needs.

Big oil has been called big oil for a reason and John D Rockefeller was the wealthiest man in America for a long time because of it. Big oil still equals big money. But... kill off all gas and diesel engines by convincing the public they are killing the environment and the country is pushed into a huge new market. The money that will be made is huge and the profits will be replenished yearly.

Before I go on... I'm talking politics here but not saying anything about anybody or any side, be it Republican, Democrat, Independent, Communist or whatever. If I'm still wrong... (that just makes you in agreement with my wife.) If I'm still wrong in putting this out, please delete it or whatever needs to be done.

I believe that many in political power are surely heavily invested in all the different facets of electric transportation. When the money to be made is this huge, many could care less that it isn't any better for the environment than ICE transportation. If you are a high power politician and your wife, brother or son are heavily invested in whatever the new product is that you mandate in with your vote, your family and you win huge fortunes. It would be very interesting to know what companies our politician's family members are "in on the ground floor of" wouldn't it. Environment be damned - wallet be full.
The rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. I realized this early in my working life and it's never going to change.

The rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. I realized this early in my working life and it's never going to change.
This time, I think it's those in power get richer at the detriment of those currently "rich" in oil. Big oil and the ICE industry lose big time. Its those in political power who are positioned to decide who the new winners are. Yes, surely most of the investors will already be rich and have large sums of money to invest in an automatic winner. This is redistribution of wealth at the highest levels.

I find it ironic that Mopar says they are going to increase their involvement with NHRA and NASCAR, yet their ending the muscle car market.
It’s ironic but also the whole point. Mopar can stay connected to the people who would be likely to buy their existing ICE products and move them over to their EVs. NHRA is just the means of continuing a dialogue with those potential buyers.

What a completely asinine decision. And not the first car company to make such a proclamation. Within a few short years, this will prove to be one of the biggest mistakes that major corporations have ever made. A muscle car that doesn't make any noise. Wow. What a concept.

"Hey, I know, let's drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas!"
"But, you know, we will have to spend 4 hours in Baker re-charging the car, 'cause it can't make it there on one charge. And, there will be a line a mile long at the charging station. And, those super-nifty solar panels don't produce anywhere near enough electricity for the demand of all those charging stations."
"Don't worry, the government will have it all figured out by 2024. Let's Go!"
I've looked (but not too seriously)_ at the Plug-in Hybrid option. As most of our driving is short hops around town with occasional 200 / 300-mile weekenders, they seem perfect.
However, given the additional cost to purchase (or lease) the gas savings (not considering the cost to charge at home) doesn't seem to make sense.

"Hey, I know, let's drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas!"
"But, you know, we will have to spend 4 hours in Baker re-charging the car, 'cause it can't make it there on one charge. And, there will be a line a mile long at the charging station. And, those super-nifty solar panels don't produce anywhere near enough electricity for the demand of all those charging stations."
"Don't worry, the government will have it all figured out by 2024. Let's Go!"

As much as everyone doesn't like it this is coming and theres not anything we can do to stop it. Ford just patented this charging system for a 5 minute charge. Not sure where the electricity is going to come from but it is here to stay. Everyone said 120 years ago that "Those Damned Automobiles are going to scare our horses and they are not nearly as fast anyway" but look what happened! Some other type of sensory overload will take over the noise and smell in time. Inovation always takes over when brilliant minds (like Racers) get involved. Maybe the EV cars will shoot out "Ball Lightning" with "Crazy Sounds" - who knows.
It wasn't at any NHRA event, but if you went to Bonneville in the late 70's or 80's you could see Robert Golka (who by the way lived with Dean Moon's Mom for a while) electricute everything in a hanger at the Wendover Airport including a 1950 Chevy and it was mind blowing. By the way that hanger was the one that housed the "Enola Gay".

https://www.fastcompany.com/90699140/ford-teases-a-new-cable-capable-of-charging-evs-in-5-minutes
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-ideas/116ec017-7ac4-4730-be6a-25d1b7753812/

Last edited:
Many people in Phoenix like to drive up to Flagstaff. About 60 miles N or Phx is Cordes Junction. Tesla has a charging station there. Always see 4-6 Teslas there when we stop (2 truck stops there). Have noticed in the last few years that more & more Lectrics are stopping to charge there. I dunno where the charging station is in Flagstaff, but they do have one. Still I realize that if (God forbid) I had an electric, I'd be really limited in how far I could go. It's around 120 miles from Phx to Flagstaff.

Very well said! The combustion engine has been perfected just in time to see its demise! This has everything to do with wealth and not a dam thing to do with the environment!
Climate change says sea levels are gonna rise but yet a record number of prime ocean front property have been sold to the elite! Most people are inherently stupid and buy whatever the media or politicians tell them! Sad but a fact none the less!

Many people in Phoenix like to drive up to Flagstaff. About 60 miles N or Phx is Cordes Junction. Tesla has a charging station there. Always see 4-6 Teslas there when we stop (2 truck stops there). Have noticed in the last few years that more & more Lectrics are stopping to charge there. I dunno where the charging station is in Flagstaff, but they do have one. Still I realize that if (God forbid) I had an electric, I'd be really limited in how far I could go. It's around 120 miles from Phx to Flagstaff.
And when your electric car drains before your destination it’s not like you can hitch a ride or have AAA supply you with a couple of gallons of electricity! LOL 😂 Maybe carrying around a small gas generator in your trunk! LOL 😂

Last edited:
And when your electric car drains before your destination it’s not like you can hitch a ride or have AAA supply you with a couple of gallons of electricity! LOL 😂 Maybe carrying around a small gas generator in your trunk! LOL 😂
Or a pop up solar grid with a small tent to spend the day and or night in 😂

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back