Mile High Nationals might not happen in 2020 (1 Viewer)

That's going to cut it close-maybe a decision three weeks before the NHRA event. Luckily there are no events between Indy 2 and Denver so teams won't have to worry about traveling to Denver from another track.

a judge has to decide whether a gathering of folks outdoors is safer, or the same as 100's of retail and grocery stores in the same metropolitan area, with thousands of customers in an indoor controlled temperature setting. ........ this is not bandimere, this is our entire country rite now. what the F is going on here. it is truly beyond imagination.

Last edited:
a judge has to decide whether a gathering of folks outdoors is safer, or the same as 100's of retail and grocery stores in the same metropolitan area, with thousands of customers in an indoor controlled temperature setting. ........ this is not bandimere, this is our entire country rite now. what the F is going on here. it is truly beyond imagination.
I honestly would feel just as safe at a drag race wearing a mask as I do in a grocery store, Home Depot, Target or any restaurant. The one difference is attending a drag race is a luxury and not a necessity. There really isn’t much social distancing at any of them outside of the restaurant industry. They all try but people either don’t care or don’t think and will get right up next to you for no reason. I do think that NHRA/Bandimere needs to reduce the ticket sales to a smaller amount like they have for the first two races. I do realize that the county and states are trying to keep the pressure off the health care system. That is the biggest issue. I work in a grocery store and have taken a risk of getting sick going to work 6 days a week for the last four months.

I honestly would feel just as safe at a drag race wearing a mask as I do in a grocery store, Home Depot, Target or any restaurant. The one difference is attending a drag race is a luxury and not a necessity. There really isn’t much social distancing at any of them outside of the restaurant industry. They all try but people either don’t care or don’t think and will get right up next to you for no reason. I do think that NHRA/Bandimere needs to reduce the ticket sales to a smaller amount like they have for the first two races. I do realize that the county and states are trying to keep the pressure off the health care system. That is the biggest issue. I work in a grocery store and have taken a risk of getting sick going to work 6 days a week for the last four months.

I agree with your thoughts Chris. I'm guessing the NFL will end up leading the way as far as seating capacities goes. The Baltimore Ravens have announced they're going with 20% capacity, 14,000 fans for home games. The Jacksonville Jaguars came out with 25%. I'm sure the rest of the league will follow. I'm thinking MLB, Nascar, MLS, College Football, NHRA (the outdoor sports) will try and do something similar if and when they allow fans for their events. I think the question then becomes, for those sports that don't have massive TV contracts and massive sponsorships to bring in revenue, is it feasible to hold an event with only 20-33% of fans in attendance?

I’m thinking, as far as NHRA goes, the limit on spectators makes it unfeasible. And, I just saw Will Hanna post on FB that the current rumor is NHRA is seriously considering canceling the remaining national events after the 2 Indy races this month.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back