Mike Dunn. Top notch,but... (1 Viewer)

Percboy

Nitro Member
Mike Dunn is first-rate in my book , none finer in the booth.
I just have to say I wish Mike would stop using the term "irregardless" (logical absurdity).
Second time this year I`ve heard it. I have such high regard for Mike that I feel someone
who may not know how professional/knowledgeable Mike is may dismiss him as some
blundering commentator.

I just have to say I wish Mike would stop using the term "irregardless" (logical absurdity).
Second time this year I`ve heard it. I have such high regard for Mike that I feel someone
blundering commentator.

If that bothers you, you would go nuts if you listened to a NASCAR broadcast.

Is "boogity" a word?

Ugggghhhh.....personally 'irregardless' is HIGH on my list of 'words that don't exist, so don't say them'. He might as well have said 'suposably'. :p;)

Ugggghhhh.....personally 'irregardless' is HIGH on my list of 'words that don't exist, so don't say them'. He might as well have said 'suposably'. :p;)

yeah I agree words that don't or shouldn't exist just should not be used, kinda like countdown:D

If that bothers you, you would go nuts if you listened to a NASCAR broadcast.

Is "boogity" a word?
Yeah I was biting my tongue trying not to mention the obvious mangling of the English language by our
buddies over at NASCAR.
And as for PP, you`re doing better. Just don`t be so demonstrative when something "trivial" on the
track happens.

blundering commentator.

It's straight out of the Don King dictionary! LOL :p

Mike is awesome and does a great job,I would still like to see him back in competition.

As much as I'd love to see Mike back behind the wheel, it only takes one episode of Classic Drag Racing to pray he stays put. Handing Force a resume on Race Day was beautiful.
+

I believe Paul Page's highlight was, "Curiouser and curiouser." I'm not sure if he's getting betterer and betterer.

Last edited:

Agreed! Didn't Paul translate the elapsed time to miles per hour..."he ran four hundred fifty six..."? Granted...I've made a few mistakes at every event I've announced, but 10 straight hours of ad-lib in one day is different than a pre-recorded show on national tv.

Here at our radio station, we record most of our voice work in advance. We do that so that we may go back and re-record those tracks...eliminating mistakes. Someone should tell Paul that he can go back and correct his mistakes...it's ok!

I always think of Mike as drag racing's version of Phil Simms. He adds insight that comes from both driving and working on cars and is able to deliver his comments in a manner that enhances the broadcasts. As much as I'd like to see him back driving, I'd hate to think what would become of the broadcasts if he left.

Anyone else notice Kevin Poynter say "bottom line" when interviewed on the line ? Wonder where he picked that up ??:D

Mark.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back