McMillen & Cowie (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Was just glancing through the numbers from yesterday and was impressed by these two. McMillen and his guys really seem to be settling into a nice (and quick) groove with their operation. Great semi-final showing, with a great light despite the baby holeshot loss.

And I don't know what to say about Cowie. From the looks of things, everybody else was just in the way. Unbelievable performance, as well as consistency. Wow........

Sean D

I was wondering if anyone had noticed the stellar numbers and close side by side runs yesterday. I just figured everyone was so wrapped up in the production of the event that they didn't notice the event it's self. :)

I did notice that as well, Eugene. Top Fuel, in particular. Super tight racing and the track was handing out .60's like they grew on trees. It would've been great to witness........

Sean D

I heard a lot of little baby holeshots mentioned yesterday.

Doug Kalitta was on his game yesterday. He left first against every opponent in eliminations and had big holeshot wins vs. Billy Torrence, Terry McMillen and Steve Torrence in the finals. His worse reaction time was .057.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone had noticed the stellar numbers and close side by side runs yesterday. I just figured everyone was so wrapped up in the production of the event that they didn't notice the event it's self. :)
it was some of the best racing i have ever seen in pomona in thirty five years of going there.

Doug Kalitta was on his game yesterday. He left first against every opponent and had big holeshot wins vs. Billy Torrence and Terry McMillen. His worse reaction time was .057 in eliminations.

and Steve Torrence ;)

I did! 😁

I just figured everyone was so wrapped up in the production of the event that they didn't notice the event it's self. :)
Eugene, come on man, some of us are not distracted by all the sights, sounds, and hooters.

I miss the times when you could come and read about the unbelievable outcomes and storylines and just bs. But I don't see those thread's here much anymore.

Busting anothers nuts is all I've seen for years.

Hang on - I gotta go do some nut busting here I see.

- incredibly tight racing and numbers this weekend. 334 along side a 334 , 3.71 beats a 3.67 and on we go. The squeakers to an extent, after a while, I guess that it unfortunately becomes another fart in the wind. Another of which no one wants to talk about or address.

It's not like we were standing at the fence watching through our phones.

- lunch , you a fan Eugene.

btw -
Wendland can lay some pipe
Cowie laid some numbers

Last edited:
Cowie was amazing. Quickest ET in history for a blown car, 5.151. Little trivia: R/U to Cowie was Matt Sackman in injected nitro car. He'd Q at 5.18 so I was a bit worried that he could run close to Cowie, especially cuz Cowie can be a bit late sometimes, like in the final. I really want Cowie to win, so that's why I was a bit worried. Matt's brother, Zack Sackman, was R/U in T/D. Thought that was interesting, cuz the brothers are heavy hitters and both can win in their classes. I wish Joey Severance had been able to get a full pull in. That car can run just as quick as Cowie. To see those 2 in the final..... Whoa!

You got the best damn seat in the house sitting there on your air conditioned tractor next to the starting line.:) I hope you can finally get a flight out of here sometime tonight though. You may have been better off just staying here in California and then flying to Phoenix next week.:D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back