Matt and Angie Smith bike performance (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I am not a big fan of Pro Stock Motorcycle, but I do find some of the personalities interesting to follow. I thought some on here might have some insight to the following question. Why is there usually such a big difference in performance between Matt's bike and Angie's bike? Aren't the two set up exactly the same? I would think both might qualify in the top 3 or 4 at every race, yet usually Matt qualifies way up in the top half of the field, and Angie tends to be in the bottom half of the field. That isn't just an issue with whose riding the bike.

"That isn't just an issue with whose riding the bike."---Oh it most certiantly is. PS/B is more altered by driver than the other classes. For one, the driver is 2/3rds of the overall weight. Move that weight an inch or two can make a difference. When you get your feet on the pegs-when you slide back in the seat-when you tuck when you shift etc. all make a big difference ( when big is a hundreth.)
Lets also remember- When she started, I don't think she made a full pass her entire first year. Matt even built a new bike for her to see if that was the problem. ( It wasn't) They said her size made it harder to muscle the bike ( Angelle had that problem briefly-and i have never seen Karen Stoffer ever scrap a run).
Bottom line-these things are challenging! She came from no wheelie bar 200 mph bikes-she knows how to drag race a bike. Just these things are so hard to get exactally right-and you have to do that every pass.

Speaking of MSR. Wonder what triggered Tornow's(sp) comments about Steve Johnson on the broadcast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back