mask wearing (1 Viewer)

They must have edited the TV show. All I heard her say was I can't breathe. Yeah, with all that smoke in her lungs.....

Even though I wear my mask, the doctors say that anything but an N95 mask with no exhale valve on it is useless against the virus. Face shields, doo rags, handkerchiefs, custom cloth masks with a logo on them, etc are just a fashion accessory during this pandemic and as soon as the NHRA and Fox realize this it's gonna continue to look ridiculous as it does now. Use the microphones on a stick and social distance...that's fine. But to not see the joy or despair on a racer's face and to not be able to understand what they are saying is stupid.

ps- Fist bumping and then all the mask adjusting is more risky than social distancing

Last edited:
Regardless of what anyone thinks about masks, if NHRA doesn't follow the rules they agreed on with authorities they run the risk of being shut down. NHRA will be first event of it's kind in Vegas maybe due to good results elsewhere, even if fans not wearing masks a lot.

I noticed today that Erica and Alexsis aren't adhering to the mask guidelines while on TV. Disappointing to say the least
Tell ya what. You strap your happy a$$ in a 11,000 HP Nitro Funny Car, light up a HUGE fire (one of the biggest in the past decade) - climb out of the car after not being exposed to 500+ degrees and toxic smoke in your face (even with the fresh air system) - hop out of the car while it's still rolling (cause you can't breathe and it's literally hotter than hell) - and see how you feel about putting a restrictive breathing facemask for the sole purpose of being "socially responsible" on TV.

Tell ya what. You strap your happy a$$ in a 11,000 HP Nitro Funny Car, light up a HUGE fire (one of the biggest in the past decade) - climb out of the car after not being exposed to 500+ degrees and toxic smoke in your face (even with the fresh air system) - hop out of the car while it's still rolling (cause you can't breathe and it's literally hotter than hell) - and see how you feel about putting a restrictive breathing facemask for the sole purpose of being "socially responsible" on TV.

I thought Erica drove a PS car?

I thought Erica drove a PS car?
She can drive anything.... EE is a GD wheelman... I mean, wheelperson - wheelwoman? I dunno what to call her - but I don't care about ANY driver wearing a piece of cloth after getting out of a vehicle - when EVERYONE around them is wearing said cloth protectant - and they are interviewing them via a microphone attached to that 6' pole...

When surrounded by fans - I guarantee they are "masked up".

"***the doctors say that anything but an N95 mask with no exhale valve on it is useless against the virus***"

"Useless" is going too far. There are varying levels of protection from different types of masks (some are way better than others), but there is no consensus among doctors who actually know what they are speaking about (Atlas is a radiologist for gawd's sakes, not any kind of a disease doctor) that anything less than a N95 is pointless to use.

Last edited:
I thought most of the drivers and crews wore them except when they slipped or just were on fire. Give her a break! But the fans were more numerous and many without masks. Let’s see how Texas fares but I’d hate to see the season go bust bc of that.

The whole mask debate is sad and pathetic. We should be a country that wants to help others instead of doing the righteous dance in support of their perceived "freedoms." The greatest generation made sacrifices for strangers(who happened to be fellow American citizens), the weakest generation has an eagle eye out for perceived violations of their personal freedom.

She can drive anything.... EE is a GD wheelman... I mean, wheelperson - wheelwoman? I dunno what to call her - but I don't care about ANY driver wearing a piece of cloth after getting out of a vehicle - when EVERYONE around them is wearing said cloth protectant - and they are interviewing them via a microphone attached to that 6' pole...

When surrounded by fans - I guarantee they are "masked up".

I think having them all try to wear a mask is mostly for the local health department more than anything. It was obvious why Alexis was not wearing hers but I think Erica was mad that Matt made her stage first. How about call her a very good driver? LOL.

"these kind of attitudes are what is spreading the disease in my opinion".

And it's that kind of attitude that continues to spread the hysteria about the virus. Forcing all race car drivers (NHRA, NASCAR, etc) to wear masks for post-race photos is completely asinine. It is nothing but cosmetic theatre.

I noticed today that Erica and Alexsis aren't adhering to the mask guidelines while on TV. Disappointing to say the least
Have you been to a race Jay? The only time anybody wears a mask is when they are on camera. Not in the pits, the staging lanes or anywhere else. But when you get to the head of the staging lanes it's like " make sure you put your mask on before you go near the starting line " total BS. You keep wearing your mask if it makes you feel safe.

pretty much getting the responses I expected when I posted this.Cosmetic theater my ass, the U.S leads the world in known infections and deaths. I suppose its a hoax, right?

pretty much getting the responses I expected when I posted this.Cosmetic theater my ass, the U.S leads the world in known infections and deaths. I suppose its a hoax, right?

I don't remember an interview with EE where she wasn't wearing a mask, I remember it kept falling but she kept pulling it up. And calling out Alexis for not wearing a mask after that fire is chickensh!t, bordering on cowardice. ESPECIALLY when she apologized for not wearing one declaring that she couldn't breathe.

If all you took away from yesterday's race was to come on here and crybaby about masks, I would say you really need to find something else to do with your time. Extraordinarily motivated and self reliant people that don't live in fear, like drag racers, aren't for you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back