Marcus Lemonis MIA at Gainesville... (1 Viewer)

StevieP

Nitro Member
I watched the Gatornationals on NHRA.TV and then on Fox. What a great start to the season. Tremendous racing. I was disappointed that Marcus Lemonis didn't make an appearance. I was really looking forward to seeing the underwriter or our sport get his first taste of live nitro.

Didn't he have a Twitter post that he would help sponsor some unsponsored cars? I did see a lot of racers respond to that Tweet but none of them (Terry McMillan, Lex Joon, Alex Laughlin, etc.) that I know of were there except Laughlin who had Speed Society sponsor.
I didn't see any race cars with Camping World on the side. Or even a mention from the announcers.

yes, i sure saw that twitter thread with what i thought was an offering to help a team/s with CW livery, but did not see or hear anything (on tv anyways).
was hoping for a tv interview with ML as well. hopefully he'll chime in soon about his new CW/NHRA venture. i read somewhere yesterday that both coleman campers
were given away. first the camper than won was awarded to the lucky spectator, then just a minute later it was announced that the losing camper
was also awarded to it's prospective lucky spectator. pretty cool.

yes, i sure saw that twitter thread with what i thought was an offering to help a team/s with CW livery, but did not see or hear anything (on tv anyways).
was hoping for a tv interview with ML as well. hopefully he'll chime in soon about his new CW/NHRA venture. i read somewhere yesterday that both coleman campers
were given away. first the camper than won was awarded to the lucky spectator, then just a minute later it was announced that the losing camper
was also awarded to it's prospective lucky spectator. pretty cool.
I was there and no pro cars had primary sponsorship from Camping World. They did give away both RVs-nice gesture as it seemed to not be expected by anyone. Sunday was one of my favorite racedays of all time. Greg Anderson, one of my favorites wins #95, Josh Hart wins his first start in Top Fuel, Matt Smith runs over 200mph in all four rounds, someone other than DSR wins Funny Car (nothing against The Don but nice to see another team win one.)

Just talked to CW and they sent me this blog link to keep up with future info. I couldn’t figure out how to post link direct

Attachments

• 5D4C991E-4009-4915-9ACE-9FE6DDAD8A86.jpeg
    5D4C991E-4009-4915-9ACE-9FE6DDAD8A86.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
Has he even been to a race that he sponsors at nhra? Not a good sign if he hasnt,no interest?

Has he even been to a race that he sponsors at nhra? Not a good sign if he hasnt,no interest?
It seems reasonable that Mr. Lemonis is an astute very successful business man that knows exactly what he is doing with his advertising dollars. Making his presence at an NHRA race that he sponsors does not add to or distract from his companies ability to market their products. Also - it is reasonable to believe that the magnitute of his operations is such that Marcus does not or even want to micro manage everything he owns. The ultimate goal is to cater to the target groups that will buy his products instead of a competitors because they can connect with the brands that support their interests. By adding NHRA to his existing advertising venues it shows that he believes racing fans in general are the kind of base will increase his bottom line.

How often was the CEO of Coca-Cola or the CEO of RJR Reynolds at NHRA races? It is not a big deal that Marcus LeMonis has not been to an NHRA race yet. He has a very full plate, he will come when he can, or he won't. To me, that in and of itself does not demonstrate any lack of interest or faith in his investment in NHRA.

How often was the CEO of Coca-Cola or the CEO of RJR Reynolds at NHRA races? It is not a big deal that Marcus LeMonis has not been to an NHRA race yet. He has a very full plate, he will come when he can, or he won't. To me, that in and of itself does not demonstrate any lack of interest or faith in his investment in NHRA.
I never heard nhra make a statement that a coke or reynolds rep would be at the races like they said marcus would,just sayn

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back