Maple Grove (1 Viewer)

I must admit anyone who purchases a drag strip these day's has to be a brave sole because it's not easy making them profitable.
It is a smart move adding the kart track, road course and the drifting because I don't think just having a drag strip will work any longer.

I hope they succeed with their plans.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Too bad the NHRA doesn’t take note:

“While the new owners can control the rates for events, one event they cannot control is the NHRA national event. They have no power to lower those tickets.

“Unfortunately, I have no control over the national event,” he said. “Everything is controlled by the NHRA. However, other events, like say if we have a Monster Truck show, we’ll have packages for families available. For example, we’re going to go with a Family of Four pack that includes four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas, and a couple of fries. This way, the family knows up front that they can go out and see a show for $100. If they want to buy more food, alcohol, merchandise or souvenirs, that would be on top of it. But at least, they would be able to get in and see a show for a reasonable price. At the end of the day, I would rather have 20,000 people coming and seeing a show at a reasonable price than having a thousand people coming in and charging a lot.

“When the NHRA comes here, they take the track over. Whatever happens during the NHRA national event, it becomes the NHRA. Our hands are very tied on that weekend unfortunately.”“

I forget where I saw this but the owners of Englishtown Raceway said that at some point they might reopen the drag strip but that they will never deal with the N.H.R.A. again!

Not sure what happened but it sounds like the N.H.R.A. has burned their bridges behind them at Englishtown.

Jim Hill

I forget where I saw this but the owners of Englishtown Raceway said that at some point they might reopen the drag strip but that they will never deal with the N.H.R.A. again!

Not sure what happened but it sounds like the N.H.R.A. has burned their bridges behind them at Englishtown.

Jim Hill
Not surprised at all

Jim Hill

I'm told this was more of a family squabble than anything else. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Glendora for this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back