Lost another one to Cancer (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
Its being reported on PSDCA that John Geyer has passed away after his battle with cancer. John drove everything from Funny Cars to Wingless Sprint Cars and leaves behind his wife, Hope, son Little Johnny and his father Craig. John won 6 NHRA National Events, 7 NHRA Divisional Events in Comp. Eliminator and was the champion in 1992.

I've only met John and Hope a few times, but the impression will last a longtime. One of his wishes was that Darryl and the Lights Out Racing team keep their car going. They will honor his wishes with heavy hearts. Rest in Peace, my freind.

Gino

I had the pleasure of meeting John in the early '90's. He was a determined guy who fought hard.

RG

I met John around '93-94, time passe soo quickly! You never know when your number is up! Godspeed my friend!:(

Thanks for the update Gino. I was wondering how he was battling.

John was one of my favorite racers in comp in the early 90's when I was helping and hanging around the D-7 comp pits with Jerry Gravo, Mark and Tony Chapparone and the late Jeff Krug.

He was a classy guy who always had time to teach and chat with an 18-year old kid who was learning the ropes.

Godspeed sir.

I'm really sad to hear this. I remember watching him work on his Comp dragster at Firebird back in the mid '90s. My condolences to his family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back