Looks like NHRA has another one to ban from their tracks. (1 Viewer)

I read where a guy from Google said that within the next ten years if you purchase a New Car it will be electric.
He said the car manufacturers are tripping over themselves to build all of their cars electric and that like it or not it's coming.

Just wondering how the NHRA will handle these changes which are coming.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I'm waiting for people to realize how those car's batteries are made and what elements must be mined to create them, and how you have to deal with them when they are past their useful life.

The fuel may be somewhat cleaner, but the "gas tank" part has some issues to be worked.

With 65% of electricity coming from fossil fuels, and 20% nuclear .... and the substantial losses in transporting and storing electricity .... we are a long, long way from truly addressing the root issue. The manufacturers are just gearing up to provide the placebo effect, in fairly large measure, as I assume they hope science catches up.

Last edited:
Came across this article. I wonder how long it's gonna be for a letter to be sent to Elon?

Well, I wouldn’t think they would send a letter to someone about a car that’s not even produced yet. The production of this roadster isn’t even planned until 2020, so there’s plenty of time between now and then.

I'm sure that the new breed of electric cars are wonderful in terms of acceleration and the joy of not handing a chunk of my paycheck to the gas station certainly has it's benefits. Having said that, my '68 rumbles and shakes the ground when it idles, the sound of it on the freeway makes me happy enough to turn off the stereo more often than not. When in town, people turn around to look before it gets there. The high compression, narrow-lobe center cam and headers take my 55-year old mind back to the days when people drove just for the pure experience of it, not to get some where, but to be experiencing life. My wife feels the same about her '02 Roush Mustang with side exhaust and a motor that screams at high RPMs. I know that 98% of todays driving public doesn't get it, but I do. Thanks for the offer Elon, but I'll keep burning dinosaur juice...

I read where a guy from Google said that within the next ten years if you purchase a New Car it will be electric.
He said the car manufacturers are tripping over themselves to build all of their cars electric and that like it or not it's coming.

Just wondering how the NHRA will handle these changes which are coming.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Like they do with everything else; stick their head in the sand and pretend everything's fine.

I really love you guys who bash NHRA but don't have a clue what your talking about and obviously don't pay attention to what they are doing.

We match raced a Tesla Model S P100D with ludicrous mode against a Cobra Jet in Pomona, during a Pro session.
That sound like head in the sand to you? New technology? Welcome to NHRA.

Alan

Some guy name "Big Daddy" has been working on an electric dragster for a few years now.

I will agree with the earlier poster Jeff White, electric cars are fine in small quantities, but changing over the entire fleet of cars owned by the driving population under current technologies is an ecological disaster, and is nowhere near "green". Even the current Teslas are negative when it comes to "green" energy.

I think it is just good, old-fashioned commerce that has got all of the manufacturers hot under the collar to rush electric vehicles to market. They saw hundreds of thousands of pre-orders for the Tesla Model 3 (pre-orders that they have no hope of filling any time soon) and are just trying to jump on that train with the hopes they can beat Tesla to market, or offer a competitive product to existing customers. I don't believe for one second they are doing it for any other reason other than the dollar.

the stats on that roadster sound like when the car stages at the Christmas tree, the next scene could be either an 8.9 second time or a mushroom cloud....
I give Tesla a couple of years before east coast winters and salt cause issues with electrical connections on the new 3 series.
Now regular car buyers who don't maintain their rides like the enthusiasts do will truly test the cars in real world situations....how many Tesla owners currently park their $80-100K cars outside in all kinds of weather?

Some guy name "Big Daddy" has been working on an electric dragster for a few years now.

Big Daddy also worked on a turbine dragster several years ago and I don't get much out watching them run either, maybe it's due to being around turbine helicopters day in and day out, but for me I'm kinda liking nitro for my fan dollar.

I'm sure that the new breed of electric cars are wonderful in terms of acceleration and the joy of not handing a chunk of my paycheck to the gas station certainly has it's benefits. Having said that, my '68 rumbles and shakes the ground when it idles, the sound of it on the freeway makes me happy enough to turn off the stereo more often than not. When in town, people turn around to look before it gets there. The high compression, narrow-lobe center cam and headers take my 55-year old mind back to the days when people drove just for the pure experience of it, not to get some where, but to be experiencing life. My wife feels the same about her '02 Roush Mustang with side exhaust and a motor that screams at high RPMs. I know that 98% of todays driving public doesn't get it, but I do. Thanks for the offer Elon, but I'll keep burning dinosaur juice...
Whatv about cost to replace and dispose of those batteries. They will be an enviromental disaster.

This ^^^

Oh, and I saw the Tesla vs. Cobra Jet match race...... I just can't wrap my head around going fast without NOISE! :D

Buy a used Toyota that needs battery replacement, 5,000 plus, no recycle as of yet, talk about about toxic landfill, how about the cost of were you get electricity to charge them

Buy a used Toyota that needs battery replacement, 5,000 plus, no recycle as of yet, talk about about toxic landfill, how about the cost of were you get electricity to charge them

Fortunately for the Prius owners, The Battery pack was covered under warranty for a defect. But, What about the person that buys it as a second owner? $5,000 to tear your car apart and replace them.

Last I heard you can buy aftermarket Prius batteries installed for under $2,400. If you do it yourself it's even cheaper.

Last I heard California is mandating that any car manufacturer selling in California has to sell electric cars. I'm not exactly sure when this is supposed to take effect, but I remember hearing about it on the news. Their goal is to do away with the ICB entirely.

The batteries are an environmental disaster, google where the elements are mined in Canada, nothing grows for miles.
How do you charge batteries, electricity, where does that come from? Oh yea the little wires that come into my house.

I was born & raised in Glendale, Calif (LA area). It used to be a good place to live (except for the quakes), but not anymore. It's like those in power have gone so far to the dark side that they can't see reality anymore. Battery powered cars will affect the ozone. The end result would be worse than running cars on gasoline. Oh yeah, don't forget they hate car racing of any kind and would love to kill motorsports.

Look on Youtube at the postings of those who buy salvage cars and there are Teslas that have been totaled for minor accidents.....a ripped wheelwell and dogleg,wrinkled rear door skin was estimated to cost the insurer $34,000 to fix.
Why? Because you have to take the car to Tesla to have the work done on the aluminum body by "authorized repair technicians". Tesla controls everything because as a new manufacturer they are all about controlling their image....if a car got fixed somewhere else and failed it hurts their brand. Now the insurance companies are getting wise to this and rates are going way up.

Besides, when North Korea sets off the EMP, anything electric on the West Coast will be worthless:p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back