Live Feed Topeka Div Race (1 Viewer)

Noticed about everyone are wearing mask play by the rules you stay open. Just saw NTR canceled Mopar Nationals hardly any masks used at Jegs face.

Noticed two '80's Mopars in Stock Elim this morning. Both with 4 cyl engines. One a station wagon & the other a 2 door. So cool to see these little cars holding their own. The wagon won round 1. YEA!
Update: Stan Kopejtka, 1984 Dodge Aries, 135CI 4 cyl. Lost rd 2 16.95 (break out) 77 MPH. (That is what my old 1971 Pinto was capable of). Other car is Brent Kopejtka, 1986 Dodge Charger, same engine, he won rd 2. Both cars out of Stanton, Nebraska.

Last edited:
Noticed about everyone are wearing mask play by the rules you stay open. Just saw NTR canceled Mopar Nationals hardly any masks used at Jegs face.
This may have more to with that race cancellation ... directly from the State of Ohio

"DeWine also announced a travel advisory for anyone coming into Ohio from states reporting positive COVID-19 testing rates of 15 percent or higher to self-quarantine for 14 days. Those states include Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Nevada and Texas."

This went into effect Thursday. My guess is if it were in place earlier, the JEG's might not have happened either.​

Noticed two '80's Mopars in Stock Elim this morning. Both with 4 cyl engines. One a station wagon & the other a 2 door. So cool to see these little cars holding their own. The wagon won round 1. YEA!
Update: Stan Kopejtka, 1984 Dodge Aries, 135CI 4 cyl. Lost rd 2 16.95 (break out) 77 MPH. (That is what my old 1971 Pinto was capable of). Other car is Brent Kopejtka, 1986 Dodge Charger, same engine, he won rd 2. Both cars out of Stanton, Nebraska.

Just need Bill O'Connor to join the two. I've always wondered how weird it would be for someone in a EF class to race someone in a lower class and actually have to leave first.

Just finished Race 1 at Topeka. Announcer said 35,000 people were watching on line. Said it was a record. Also ragged on Alan cuz Alan announced the Baby Gators but less people watched, so today's race beat Alan's record. Hmmmm, wonder what Alan has to say about that? (I bet he already knows) Never did find out who stole the cookies from the Topeka announcer. heh

Here's what Alan has to say about that. Good for Them!!! The more people that tune in to watch the better. Warren Evans of DragRacer.tv does an awesome job with his broadcasts and is a pleasure to work with. We had record viewership from Gainesville and were proud of that. Now there's a new record. That's what records are for, to be broken.

As for the announcer "Ragging" on me, Bob Unkefer is as good as it gets with Sportsman Racing and a world class chop buster as well. Free life tip, don't ever be late getting to Seattle when he is looking to get back at you.

He should enjoy his brief moment in the sun, because he knows he won't have it long. Beware Unk, I'll be back, and you know it......

Alan

I’ve been checking in on it periodically as well. The live feed works really well; good job with that. Is Shelby Ebert still working at Heartland Park? Really enjoyed watching her boat progression over the year's from WaveRunner up to Pro Mod. I wished she had been able to get into a top fuel boat some day. Miss seeing Pinky on the water

I took family there Saturday we stayed till the lights turned off it was a great day Erica and Richard were running comp got to talk with them quite a while they like having a good time . Joe and Dusty Meyer real good friends of mine and family.. They always pit with the Elite group Firestones , Demers and other Top Sportman racers. Randy Meyer was fighting engine gremlins best they could muster was Rachel getting runner up. Met Bob Gosh Alcohol FC 'super family he had suite and let us set there awesome seats.
Alan Firestone won TS then when he pulled chutes they hung up wheels bars and put car into wall finish ending his weekend said they will be at Indy. Super Comp was wild not just a lot of entries but 2 Luminas from Wichita took care of Super Comp both race wins first time I've ever seen full body cars dominate dragsters. They have got something figured out, They leave hard full out never stalling cars and their RT and ET are all most the same each run speed 180 190 both cars are 'built alike same colors. There was talk they've won some big money bracket races.
Over all track was happy with way people handle the rules hopefully they will have q National Event

I took family there Saturday we stayed till the lights turned off it was a great day Erica and Richard were running comp got to talk with them quite a while they like having a good time . Joe and Dusty Meyer real good friends of mine and family.. They always pit with the Elite group Firestones , Demers and other Top Sportman racers. Randy Meyer was fighting engine gremlins best they could muster was Rachel getting runner up. Met Bob Gosh Alcohol FC 'super family he had suite and let us set there awesome seats.
Alan Firestone won TS then when he pulled chutes they hung up wheels bars and put car into wall finish ending his weekend said they will be at Indy. Super Comp was wild not just a lot of entries but 2 Luminas from Wichita took care of Super Comp both race wins first time I've ever seen full body cars dominate dragsters. They have got something figured out, They leave hard full out never stalling cars and their RT and ET are all most the same each run speed 180 190 both cars are 'built alike same colors. There was talk they've won some big money bracket races.
Over all track was happy with way people handle the rules hopefully they will have q National Event
The Lumina that dominated Super Comp was James Kunkel and he was running a top end stop. It's uncommon, but there are a few people who have made it work quite well, since it completely neutralizes the advantage the big mph cars typically have. That's how he was running 8.90 at 128 so consistently. He was the only actual door car entered in the class (Mitch Withers in a roadster was the only other non-dragster).

The Lumina that dominated Super Comp was James Kunkel and he was running a top end stop. It's uncommon, but there are a few people who have made it work quite well, since it completely neutralizes the advantage the big mph cars typically have. That's how he was running 8.90 at 128 so consistently. He was the only actual door car entered in the class (Mitch Withers in a roadster was the only other non-dragster).
I ran in SG with my Corvette in 86 and used a top end stop off trans pressure but the way he is doing it is with timing they say he can change timin
I ran SG in 86 and use top end stop in my Corvette we used system off transmission pressure but everyone uses electronics now they say you can change timing as much as 30 times during the run. For me I like using your natural abilities. When talking with Erica shes driving Comp Car because it has clutch and Liberty trans set up like PS car.

Just to let everyone know there will be no National Event. They did an excellent job last weekend thanks NHRA

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back