Little Help Please (1 Viewer)

moon

Nitro Member
Hello! I am writing to you today, as a volunteer for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'd like to ask you for help in raising funds to help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma. I am a returning member of the Team In Training program. I am currently training to run in my first full marathon on Sunday, April 29th, 2007 in Long Branch, NJ.
As you may or may not know, leukemia is a malignant disease of the bone marrow and blood and is the cause of more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults. It is also a disease with which I am very familiar. I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia in the summer of 2000. I was very fortunate to find a bone marrow donor just a few months after my diagnosis. My sister Jessica was found to be an exact match and I received a bone marrow transplant on November 7th, 2000. Thanks in large part to the support of my family and friends, I just celebrated my six year mark. I understand, from experience, how hard it is for patients and families battling this disease and I am finally in a position to help raise money to find a cure.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. Founded in 1949, we are relentless in pursuit of our mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life for patients and their families. My goal is to raise $2,200.00 and with your help, I hope to not only achieve that amount, but surpass it. Seventy-five percent of that amount will be sent directly for cancer research …. And, one hundred percent of any monies donated over the $2,200.00 mark will be utilized exclusively for cancer research.
I urge you to join me today in supporting this worthy cause. If you wish to donate with cash or a check, please contact me by sending me a message. To make an online donation, please visit my website at:
Team in Training.
In addition, if you have some spare time, you can also help by visiting the following link:

Join the Registry - National Marrow Donor Program Registry of donors
More important than raising money, if you join the registry, you may
find yourseif in a position to save a life.
I would like to thank you in advance for your support. And, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Ed Nachman

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back