Lets all take a moment to thank baby Jesus for Brian Lohnes (1 Viewer)

the guy

Nitro Member
Never met Brian, heard him I think once at CHRR (could be wrong)...but man, what an improvement on the left side of the screen...thank you for taking the job Mr Lohnes

Never met Brian, heard him I think once at CHRR (could be wrong)...but man, what an improvement on the left side of the screen...thank you for taking the job Mr Lohnes
I agree, def seems to fit in good and isnt a loud talker! Good job

I come here and read how bad Tony blows constantly. I normally watch all access with the runs, but Tony and Brian seem to connect seamlessly.

Knowing when to pipe down and let the cars talk has been a long lost art. It's a fine balance, I get it. Like, Tony's an awesome artist, but has trouble with circles.

Put a few more run's together, get a baseline, then let it eat.

Great job Brian - tomorrow may be another story - lol

only you and the chainsaw screaming in your ear can screw this up.

- remember
hot mic + will you please stfu for 2 seconds = xxx

I even shut down Alan because you guy's were so much better than him. - poke

take care - goodluck

Last edited:
Wow, I thought I was a Lohnes fan but your title tops everybody. I left Alan/Nhra.tv to see the debut of Brian on the Fox show. I thought he was great! He did have Tony flowing much smoother than in the past. Only thing to comment would be that Brains voice is a little too muffled/flat. It is his crisp tones that get his passion across. Maybe they could let that out a little more. Nice job Brian,but too many commercials,I'm going back to Alan. LOL Also very nice tribute to Dick LaHaie!

Last edited:
Wow, I thought I was a Lohnes fan but your tittle tops everybody. I left Alan/Nhra.tv to see the debut of Brian on the Fox show. I thought he was great! He did have Tony flowing much smoother than in the past. Only thing to comment would be that Brains voice is a little too muffled/flat. It is his crisp tones that get his passion across. Maybe they could let that out a little more. Nice job Brian,but too many commercials,I'm going back to Alan. LOL Also very nice tribute to Dick LaHaie!

Whats a "tittle"? Seems like a bad word these days 😉

Wow, I thought I was a Lohnes fan but your title tops everybody. I left Alan/Nhra.tv to see the debut of Brian on the Fox show. I thought he was great! He did have Tony flowing much smoother than in the past. Only thing to comment would be that Brains voice is a little too muffled/flat. It is his crisp tones that get his passion across. Maybe they could let that out a little more. Nice job Brian,but too many commercials,I'm going back to Alan. LOL Also very nice tribute to Dick LaHaie!
His voice is just fine and yes the dick lahaie tribute was awesome

I caught the last 2 pairs of F/C and all of T/F on the Friday telecast and was amazed at how much better the announcing is now. Am very happy with the change! I hope the ratings will agree with me.
Was too busy today to catch the Saturday show.

Glad you guys like the coverage and Happy for Brian to get the opportunity.
But, reading the title of this thread I would ask that you all please keep in mind that some of us still have to live with this guy, and he seems to have a big enough noggin already!

Thank You in advance for the consideration.......
Alan

As has been said, Brian Lohnes is the perfect fit for the lead commentator and he's done an awesome job thus far. That said, I still don't care for Tony in the booth. It's nothing personal, some people have it (Brian Lohnes) and some people don't (Tony Pedregon). This is just my opinion. Flame away!

But, reading the title of this thread I would ask that you all please keep in mind that some of us still have to live with this guy, and he seems to have a big enough noggin already!

Alan
We see that, which is why we get him comfortable enough with sweet talk before dog piling and getting the intervention underway.

Give us the strength to help change this mans oil and the wisdom to know his plug is just way too tight.

My deepest sympathy Alan.

Last edited:
Hey Alan, don't worry we are building him up in anticipation of knocking him back down! That's the fun of the internet!

Being a true junkie i do NHRA.TV live and catch the TV later. Although I did have both going Friday and it was sorta funny (on my PC at least) to have the TV runs AHEAD of my supposedly live feed ... about 10 seconds.

The music compilation is really great (on the jumbotron/live feed) can't instantly recall the name of the feed but had it cranked pretty good in the car driving home from work.

Rain, rain, go away.

Jeff

Alan

Oh, don't worry Alan....the minute he steals your "KABLOOEY" we will pile on him like a Kalitta mosh pit win ;)

As has been said, Brian Lohnes is the perfect fit for the lead commentator and he's done an awesome job thus far. That said, I still don't care for Tony in the booth. It's nothing personal, some people have it (Brian Lohnes) and some people don't (Tony Pedregon). This is just my opinion. Flame away!
Ah to each there own,i like T ped ha

Lohnes' voice was fine. Anyone is going to be hard to hear when they're trying to talk over background music that rivals the intensity of a rock concert. Geezus; Fox, turn that crap down.

I liked Reiff, Lohnes seems good as well. Wishing for an upgrade on the right side of the screen, maybe Brian can drag him along

Lohnes' voice was fine. Anyone is going to be hard to hear when they're trying to talk over background music that rivals the intensity of a rock concert. Geezus; Fox, turn that crap down.
Fox can turn down the commercials lol. Wish the races sounded as good as commercials

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back