Larry Dixon Leaves Rapisarda (1 Viewer)

Hope Larry can put together the team he wants. It has been one of his life long dreams. Would also be great to see him back full time.

With the rumor of the Shiek going in a different direction these days and the speculation that Al Anabi will be gone after this year it would be interesting to see if he and AJ would get back together if that happened. Never did hear why Larry left/quit/was fired.

Didn`t take Larry (and Beard for that matter) long to leave. Hope that LD can get that full time ride for `14. TF needs him and Cory out there. Who`s next up to drive for Santo, I wonder?

From the outset, the team was only committed to 12-14 events, with the remainder of the events relying on Dixon to find the cash.

Became apparent pretty early on that both Dixon and Beard were hoping to convince RAI to compete at every round, rather than half of them.

There was no sponsorship money raised apart from a 2 race deal with Escopeta - Santo has funded 95% of the 2013 season out of his own pocket.

If I were RAI, I would just be utilising an Aussie driver from now on, who is simply there for the experience and happy to drive a part-time schedule. It's a gruelling 14+ hours just to get to LAX, so to do what these guys have done this year is a massive undertaking in itself.

Sure sounds like Dixon was at least grateful for the opportunity, unlike Beard.

With the rumor of the Shiek going in a different direction these days and the speculation that Al Anabi will be gone after this year it would be interesting to see if he and AJ would get back together if that happened. Never did hear why Larry left/quit/was fired.

Don't be so sure about the Shiek going in a different direction...

Had a talk with LD at Norwalk, no indication he was considering leaving, not thet he would come out and say. Best comment after asking about LB leaving "can't take the spots off a leopard" was great. He mentioned when asked it would take $1.5 mil to outfit a team and another 1.5 to run the schedule. He hoped to have a new team in '14, said things were promising.
I bet the 2 boomers at Norwalk helped his decision quite a bit to leave. Plus maybe their thoughts of the next race they were going to compete at changed after they blew up their stuff. That in my mind would change your thoughts of continuing to drive that car.
Whatever, here's hoping to see LD in his own teaming '14.

Really wish they would put Damien Harris in the car for the rest of the season. He is a good driver and deserves the ride. Nothing against TJ but that seat should go to an Aussie

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back