Larry Dixon at EddyVille raceway (1 Viewer)

I think NHRA is right about not wanting this car on it's member tracks. Seems like a big lawsuit waiting to happen even if the customers sign waivers...
:(

I know he’s purposely not running it hard but what a turd of a top fuel dragster. Drag radial cars have been that quick.

I know he’s purposely not running it hard but what a turd of a top fuel dragster. Drag radial cars have been that quick.

I wont speak for how he can or does run the car on other tracks, but a major factor here is the track itself. You can't get too crazy at Eddyville. There's simply not enough room. Ask Wilk. He'll tell ya.

Sean D

You can't get too crazy at Eddyville. There's simply not enough room.

Yup. The drag strip runs into a banked turn of an oval, and then you get shot off into the corn field. Many a Nitro car have been pulled out of that corn.

Yup. The drag strip runs into a banked turn of an oval, and then you get shot off into the corn field. Many a Nitro car have been pulled out of that corn.

The first pass we made there at the WFAN was an enlightening experience to say the least, and we were only running 4.20's. It's not like I would consider it dangerous for the numbers we were running, but even after walking the track that oval comes up on you deceptively quick.

Sean D

Eddyville is interesting to say the least getting slowed down. I’ve gone around that corner on 1 wheel , 4 wheels and everything in between. Still my favorite place to run a fuel altered. Praying I get to go there again and take a swing at the aa/fa track record.

Does he have and interphone/radio comms between he and the rider? That would be kind of neat, I think.... to have LD kind of doing a live narration of the whole thing as it’s happening. ”OK, I’m about to press in the clutch; they’re going to spin the motor over; everything looks good, we’re rolling thru the water box; I’m about to stage - hold on to your ass”, etc

Cool video!!! What would this car run 1/4 mile? Mid 5's or quicker?

Should be able to that easy, here is the War Wagon with it's ex-Tasca Mustang body on it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back