Lame driver introductions (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
First, Hebrew Hammer, really?

The introductions are PAINFULLY lame. Almost like sitting at Thanksgiving table while grandpa stumbles and stammers through a toast.

Let's bring back the car parade. Sponsors get exposure, the crowd sees the car and driver at a speed the brain can comprehend and no one will accuse NHRA of stealing NAPCAR's lame driver intros.

Is it just me, or does Tom Compton look VERY UNCOMFORTABLE in public.

First, Hebrew Hammer, really?

The introductions are PAINFULLY lame. Almost like sitting at Thanksgiving table while grandpa stumbles and stammers through a toast.

Let's bring back the car parade. Sponsors get exposure, the crowd sees the car and driver at a speed the brain can comprehend and no one will accuse NHRA of stealing NAPCAR's lame driver intros.

Is it just me, or does Tom Compton look VERY UNCOMFORTABLE in public.
IMO that will make the day longer ... and everybody is screaming for shorter day. Towing everyone down the track isn't going to do anything that having a pit pass to stand next to these cars / stars doesn't already do.

As far as Compton's comfort level in public ... that is nothing unusual. Seen many fortune 500 CEO's who stumble all over themselves. Speaking in public is not a prerequisite for being an executive. Some are just better at it than others.

Lame describes a lot of things Glendora Elite Incorporated (of course it's a not-for profit, heh) come up with. It's like Hollywood. There hasn't been an original idea in years.

Though not an original idea, in lieu of the excruciatingly bad things they do, I personal think they should have a pit stop competition (Indy Car). Through the year, Two teams are picked from each pro category per weekend to race the clock. Tear-down to rebuild, then they start the car. Quickest advances. Ladder system, until all the teams that entered have competed. Then on to second round etc. Perhaps the semi-finals and finals set-up on track in front of the stands. Head to head, quickest wins.

or/and

Drivers Championship/Manufacturers(Team) Championship like F1. Again, emphasis placed on the real "go" to the show. With multi-car teams against single car teams, simply divide points each race by however many cars they have entered. Have the Mello Yello money split between Driver and Team championships, or weight the Team money a little higher in payout.

But then I'm not a cigar-chompin' leather chair rolling Board Member telling the other fellows how good we all are at this corporate stuff.

I'm so sick of the contrived drama and fluff they have packed drag racing with. Tweet that f*ckers.

Last edited:
NHRA isn't NASCAR.

They need to quit copying their format from the cars that turn left and give drag racing it's identity back.

My 2 cents and it ain't worth that.

Lame describes a lot of things Glendora Elite Incorporated (of course it's a not-for profit, heh) come up with. It's like Hollywood. There hasn't been an original idea in years.

Though not an original idea, in lieu of the excruciatingly bad things they do, I personal think they should have a pit stop competition (Indy Car). Through the year, Two teams are picked from each pro category per weekend to race the clock. Tear-down to rebuild, then they start the car. Quickest advances. Ladder system, until all the teams that entered have competed. Then on to second round etc. Perhaps the semi-finals and finals set-up on track in front of the stands. Head to head, quickest wins.

You mean like the Castrol GTX Pit Crew Challenge circa 1990-1992.

This was the winner in 1991.

The Otter Pops Funny Car team, headed by driver Ed McCulloch and crew chief Bernie Fedderly, won the $15,000 Castrol Pit Crew Challenge by firing their engine, changing all eight pistons and rods, and refiring it in just over six minutes, a series record. ...

And again in 1992.

In the Castrol GTX Pit Crew Challenge, Larry Minor's McDonald's Funny Car team defended its title.

They did a ladder based eliminations at various stops during the year. If I'm not mistaken it was also done on a Thursday before the event at some location in the major city nearby so the casual onlooker could become interested.

Last edited:
You mean like the Castrol GTX Pit Crew Challenge circa 1990-1992.

This was the winner in 1991.

And again in 1992.

They did a ladder based eliminations at various stops during the year. If I'm not mistaken it was also done on a Thursday before the event at some location in the major city nearby so the casual onlooker could become interested.
Well, there you have it. :D (minus his quotes, apparently)

didn't cruz injur his hand or arm in one of those contests?....intake parts blew backwards into cockpit?
mcdonalds or interstate FC?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back