La Porte, Texas, welcomes DSR on Thursday 6-8 p.m. (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
La Porte, Texas, welcomes Don Schumacher Racing on Thursday - 6-8 p.m.​

LA PORTE, Texas (March 27, 2007) - On Thursday, March 29, NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series drivers from Don Schumacher Racing will meet and greet the public and sign autographs between 6:00-8:00 pm on Main Street in downtown La Porte, located east of SH 146.

DSR will have its U.S. Army Top Fuel Dragster and two U.S. Army Pro Stock Motorcycles on display. Food, vendors, and entertainment will be available. Music will be performed by the '70s rock group JJ Dynomite. Dynomite is known for its impressive covers of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Bad Company, and many other acts of that era.

DSR is a powerful force in all four NHRA pro divisions and its drivers have won numerous titles. In 2006, Tony Schumacher won his fourth Top Fuel championship. The team¹s other drivers include Angelle Sampey and Antron Brown on the Pro Stock Motorcycle team, Jack Beckman (Mail Terminal Services Dodge Funny Car), 2005 Funny Car champion Gary Scelzi Mopar/Oakley Dodge Funny Car), Ron Capps (Brut Revolution Dodge Funny Car) and Richie Stevens Jr. on the Team Mopar/Valspar Pro Stock team.

Each of these teams will be competing at the O¹Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals, at Houston Raceway Park from March 30 to April 1 in Baytown, Texas.

The La Porte event is sponsored by Don Schumacher Racing, Comfort Suites of La Porte, Main 101 Grill & Bar, and the La Porte Main Street Program - City of La Porte.

For more information or to sign up for a booth, please call Crystal Scott or Debra Dye at 281-471-5020, or email [email protected].

I hate to miss this, but I have a great excuse! My kiddo has a baseball game at 6:00 Thursday. :)

UPDATE - MARCH 27, 2007: The Brut Revolution Dodge Charger that is
driven by Ron Capps will also be on display in La Porte on March 29.

kelly,you are good. you found out about that before we did. we should just check with you for our schedules. the outlaw johnny v will be there with the car:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back