Kalitta Air to the Rescue! (1 Viewer)

When I saw that huge Kalitta Air signage first thing that went through my head was cool but the next thought was brave then on to heroes . How can you put a price on your life they had to be willing to volunteer .

I can not confirm but this is supposedly the pilot of the crew that volunteered to make the flight.

1580500782239.png

one of the articles stated that cockpit was sealed with different air source from rest of plane. crew did not leave cockpit from china to alaska to CA.

Spoke to Connie yesterday about this. His 747s are all set up for cargo not for passengers. He said that they installed 260 seats in the plane in 24 hours and sent it out. He also told me that the flight deck is completely sealed off from the cargo (passenger) compartment and that the pilots even board though separate entrance from the passengers. They are installing seats in another plane right now and Connie said they will make many more flights.

When I asked where the seats came from as again, all his planes are cargo, he said he owned them and has had them in storage "Just in case" something like this came up and they were needed. The ability to move fast is one of the reasons that Connie does so much business with the government. In this case it was the State Department.

Interesting stuff (at least it is to me)

Alan

Hahahah. That’s not even a 747.

well it is not the pilot but it is the ground crew and a 747 400

In response to concern over the spread of the coronavirus, a U.S. based Boeing 747-400 owned by contract air freight service Kalitta Airlines of Willow Run Airport, Ypsilanti, Michigan, has evacuated “nearly 200” passengers from Wuhan, China to the United States via Alaska. The aircraft landed on Jan. 29 at March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, California. The flight was carrying both civilians and employees of the U.S. State Department stationed in China. Photos have surfaced across international media of ground crew wearing biological isolation suits while servicing the aircraft on the ground at March Air Reserve Base in California.

When I worked at the county hospital in Phoenix, we took classes to learn to wear suits like that. They were hard to walk in, hard to see out of (had to turn your head) and hot. We had a limit of 15 min in the summer (outside) before we had to get out of the suit. Kudos to the folks who were wearing those suits. I really hope this virus is contained quickly & am glad that Kalitta Air was able to respond so fast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back