Justin Ashley Makes Impressive NHRA Debut with Openning Pass in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

Charlotte NC - The first Top Fuel Dragster to make a run at the NHRA NTK Carolina Nationals was Justin Ashley in the Strutmaster.com entry. He woke up Charlotte with an incredible 3.83 at 319 MPH pass in his debut. The run put him in the top half of the field in the 7th position after the first qualifying round. “The run felt good. It was the smoothest the car has felt since we began testing. I like to keep it simple and not focus on the car in the other lane and run my own race” Justin said.

Justin then credited his new team with the car’s successful preparation. “The team did a great job putting the car together and made my job easy” Justin said after the run. His father Mike Ashley agreed. “ I want to credit Dustin Davis and the crew for working hard putting the car together. And I really want to thank our crew chief Aaron Brooks. But mostly I’m proud of my son for keeping his cool and getting the car safely down the track. And I thank God for making this all possible”. Mike Ashley said.

By the end of qualifying, Justin did not improve on his performance but came close with an impressive 3.86 on the third qualifying run. On Sunday, Justin will face the number five qualifier Mike Salinas.

Attachments

• Justin Ashley.jpg
    Justin Ashley.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 8
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back