Just in case anyone is shopping for an engine! (1 Viewer)

How good could it be? They're too busy dominating PS to have paid any attention to it..... :p

BTW, does it fit a Camaro?

Think it comes with a 2 years warranty like a crate engine would have?

Supercharges engines scare me a little because the compression ratio is down in the 8's and the supercharger makes most of the horsepower.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Think it comes with a 2 years warranty like a crate engine would have?

Supercharges engines scare me a little because the compression ratio is down in the 8's and the supercharger makes most of the horsepower.

The Big Al's engines (see website) offers a one year warranty from date of installation, more horsepower and new build. I have no vested interest , just providing information.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill

A buddy of mine has a 572 big block Ford with 12.7:1 CR. He had run it in his dragster and turned low 7s in the quarter, but is now building a ‘53 Ford pickup for the street that will get the motor.
He is going to put a blower on it. I said something about the compression being too high for a blower. He said it’s OK because he’ll be running E85.
I’m not really well versed on blower motors so I didn’t argue with him.
The motor alone should make that truck a beast. Hopefully, it doesn’t grenade the first time he hits it with boost.

The Big Al's engines (see website) offers a one year warranty from date of installation, more horsepower and new build. I have no vested interest , just providing information.

Big Al Lombardo has been building supercharges engines for many years and I know a few people who bought them for street cars and love his engines.

I was always surprised that they were priced very reasonable and came with a warranty.

One guy told me he purchased the engine and installed it and had a problem with a miss so he drove it back to Big Al's to have him look at it.
Two minutes later Al said to him you have one plug wired crossed the wrong way!
My friend thought he had checked the wires real well.

Jim Hill

I knew a guy had a 26' boat with Twin engine 260HP Mercruisers (350 Chev ). He put B&M blower kits on the stock engines.
He made it 10 miles down the river before he killed both engines. I think that summer he went through 3 pair of engines.

I put 20,000 miles on a 383 chevy with a 671. No problem, just use quality parts, underdrive it and watch your timing. Still running great as far as I know.

I knew a guy had a 26' boat with Twin engine 260HP Mercruisers (350 Chev ). He put B&M blower kits on the stock engines.
He made it 10 miles down the river before he killed both engines. I think that summer he went through 3 pair of engines.

Yea, but he had a whole yard full of more stock 350 blocks... I gotta' give him credit though - Was the first guy I ever heard that defined a cuddy correctly as a " Fuckatorium" ...

I know a few local street cars that have run Big Al's motors for years with no problems. I actually redid the lighting on his shop some years back and was impressed with both the facility and the people. Tried to sell me a blown 4.3 V6 for my work truck! !!! TE="Jim Hill, post: 370153, member: 6275"]Big Al Lombardo has been building supercharges engines for many years and I know a few people who bought them for street cars and love his engines.

I was always surprised that they were priced very reasonable and came with a warranty.

One guy told me he purchased the engine and installed it and had a problem with a miss so he drove it back to Big Al's to have him look at it.
Two minutes later Al said to him you have one plug wired crossed the wrong way!
My friend thought he had checked the wires real well.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com[/QUOTE]
I kn

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back